Chapter Twenty// You Have To!

"You coming down for dinner?" There is a gentle knock on my door then my mom appears in the door frame. I put down my half chewed pen lid onto my pen and shake my tired wrist.

"I'm going to skip dinner tonight," I tell her with my eyes peering down at the pad of lined paper beneath me. I cross my legs on my bed and let my forehead fall onto my feet.

"You doing homework?" My mom steps into my room and rubs my shoulders. Once being a physiotherapist, she is a goddess with massages.

"Sort of. Analysing Shakespeare for this essay on Macbeth." I let out a groan.

"I thought you liked Shakespeare?" My mom questions. I give her a weak glance then let out a sigh. "You loved Macbeth."

"I still do," I admit, lacing my fingers together. "But I've got to write two." I whisper under my breath. However she hears me nonetheless.

"Why two? Your not doing Lacy's are you?" She crosses her arms sternly. "You said it yourself that girl needs to do her own work."

I was actually about to tell her that me and Lacy are no longer friends. But if I did that, I would have to confess the fact I am doing my boyfriends homework so we can go out on Saturday night. Then if I do that, she would mention Josh's name and then I would have to tell her we broke up and I'm now going out with Ethan. Then I would burst out into tears at the fact he dumped me to be with Courtney and I can't think about that right now as I really need to write these essays. So to uncomplicate things, I just nod and pretend I am writing it for Lacy.

"I only agreed to write it for Lacy because... Well because she's helping me with my geography report." I lie, scratching the side of my nose. Hopefully my mom doesn't notice my lying trait.

My mom stares up into the corner of the room for a split second, sighing in thought and hopefully acceptance. "Ok, but make sure to do your own work next time. You're a smart girl Paige, don't let others take advantage of your intelligence."

"Ok." May be a little too late to promise anything.

My mom blows me a kiss then heads back to my door."Just call me if you want anything to eat later," she smiles then leaves me to it. I hear her footsteps fade as she goes back down into the kitchen.

Half an hour later, I throw my pen and pad down in defeat. I have completed Ethan's but mine is still yet to be proof read. However I am way too tired and worn out to finish it now.

I pick up my laptop and log onto Facebook. Immediately I get a notification on messenger that Courtney Ray has texted me. I open up the chat she has sent me with crossed eye brows of confusion. I read her message with scanned eyes.

We're now partners 4 that History thing. It's due in 2morrow so I expect it finished by the morning

What? I can't do two history projects, I already did the other one. I thought Nathan had said she already did a project with Josh...

I can't

I message her back, my fingers still aching from my ten pages of writing. She doesn't take long to respond.

You have to! I'm not doing it. I don't give a fuck if we fail, but ik u do

That is true. I can't fail this class. If I get a bad grade, my whole average will plummet down. How will I then get excepted into the college of my first choice.