The New Beginning

"So you know who all of us are?"

Riley rolled her eyes, "Obviously, you guys are my family."

Riley glanced over at her best friend, "I just want to know when this one got pregnant."

Leslie looked over at her dad. It felt odd talking to Riley, now that she had no memory since November. How was she suppose to talk to her without spilling everything that happened in those six months?

Riley looked over at Carter, "Why won't she talk to me? Did I do something wrong?"

Leslie looked away from her dad when he gave her a stern look, "Les, can I talk to you in the hallway for a second?"

Leslie walked out of the private room, not looking back. She felt bad for not talking to her, but she couldn't. It was too hard to keep the past six months from her best friend. How was she suppose to keep all those memories secret?

"Why are you being so cold to her?" Phil asked, leaning against the wall. Leslie crossed her arms as she looked at the floor.

"The doctor said to let her figure everything out by herself. He told us not to tell her anything that has happened in the past six months." Leslie said, "How do you expect me to keep everything to myself when I talk to her? I can't lie to her, dad, you know I can't."

"Leslie, she was just wondering when you got pregnant." Phil told her, "You're making too big a deal of this."

Leslie rolled her eyes, "I am not making a big deal about this. If I were to have told her when I got pregnant then she would've asked by who. When I told her by who, don't you think she would continue to ask more questions considering the fact that I am pregnant by her idol's best friend?"

"You don't have to tell her it's Roman's." He said.

"Okay, yeah then all her 'memories' never come back because they are all based on some lie." She said, "Is that what you want, dad? Do you not want her to remember everything that she had with Dean?"

"I never said that, Leslie." He crossed his arms, "I'm just saying, maybe this was a sign telling us that they weren't meant to be together."

She chuckled, dryly, "Just a couple of days ago, you were telling Dean that you approved because he would do anything for Riley."

"Leslie-"

"He loves her dad, he may not know it yet, but he cares about her so much." Leslie told him, "This crushed him. He was basically crying when I told him. Just because you don't try and get her to remember him, doesn't mean he won't try."

"Leslie, listen to me." He told her, sternly, "I don't like seeing my daughter in pain, this man has caused her nothing but pain. I told him that getting rid of him would come with some withdrawal symptoms, but with this, there is no symptoms. He's gone from her mind, and I'm sorry for wanting to keep it that way."