The Betrayal and the Disgust

“How are you feeling today, Riley?”

Riley stared down at her hands that were already shaking, “I'm scared.”

“Scared of what?”

Riley sighed, shakily, “I don't know.”

The therapist sighed, “You have to talk to me, Riley. I know what you've been through has been extremely traumatizing and confusing, but you have to tell me how you're feeling.”

“The man that was driving the car the night of the accident.”

“Dean, right?”

Riley closed her eyes, slowly as tears started to gather in her eyes, “I used to date him, I had a thing with him a couple months before my accident.”

“How long ago was that?”

“I-It started five months ago, and continued on until four months ago. He kissed a girl to get rid of me because his boss told him to.”

“I thought you couldn't remember the past six months?”

Riley choked on a sob as the therapist handed her a tissue. She didn't know what to think about what she's doing. It hurt her, it scared her, but her experience with Skye scared her more.

“I was out for a couple of days after the accident. I knew where I was, but I was in some type of sleep.” Riley sighed, shakily, “You're going to think I'm crazy.”

“I've dealt with crazier people than you, Riley. Please continue.”

“Dean had a girlfriend, Skye, she passed away a couple years ago in a car accident.” Riley said, softly, “When I was in this state of sleep, she talked to me. I saw her.”

“It's very common for people to see things like that while in a coma, Riley.”

Riley shook her head, softly, “No, this was definitely different.”

The therapist stared at Riley, giving her the time she needed to gather her thoughts.

“I didn't know where I was, what had happened, then I saw her.” Riley started, “She told me who she was, then she started asking a bunch of questions because she knew that I was extremely confused.”

“She asked what was the last thing that I remembered and I told her...it was as if she knew that I didn't I lost a lot of my memory. I didn't know how. She's suppose to be dead, but there she was in front of me.”

“Is that what you're scared of?”

Riley sobbed, “She told me about everything. Everything that I couldn't remember. She told told me about Dean, and our fallout, the accident...everything.”