The Guilt

“Will you stop ignoring me?” Riley asked, walking into Leslie's room

“Will you stop ignoring me?” Riley asked, walking into Leslie's room. Leslie rolled her eyes as she continued to type away on her laptop.

“My door was locked.” Leslie told her, not bothering to look at her.

“Yeah, and I know where dad keeps the keys.”  Riley said with a small eye roll, “Now tell me why you've been acting so bitchy towards me lately.”

Leslie finally looked over at her with a look of disbelief, “Is that seriously a question you should be asking?”

Riley crossed her arms, “Dad is on his way home, we really shouldn't be talking about it.”

“Really then what are you going to say when he asks why Seth is walking around our house as if he lives here?” Leslie questioned.

“I thought he was going to be gone sooner.”

“Yeah cause he seriously has somewhere to go after Dean kicked him out of their house.” Leslie muttered, rolling his eyes.

“Dean was being a tad irrational, don't you think?” Riley asked.

“Irrational?” Leslie questioned, staring down Riley, “He wasn't being irrational, Riley. We all deserve all the hate that we got.”

Riley stayed silent for a second.

“So that's why you've been ignoring me, huh?”

“What are you talking about, Riley?”

“You actually feel sympathy for him. You're actually on his side.” Riley accused.

Leslie scoffed as she shut her laptop, “I'm not on his side, Riley. I'm your best friend, I'll always be on your side, but that doesn't mean that I believe what you did was right.”

“He hurt me, Leslie, more times than I can fucking count. How are you going to tell me that I'm in the wrong the one time that I've actually done something that has come close to hurting him?” Riley questioned. She clearly didn't like that Leslie was trying to imply that she was in the wrong in the situation. Riley knew that what she did was bad, but Dean had hurt her too many times in the past for her to felt bad about it. She had just realized that, and she probably would have spent days beating herself up about it if it weren't for the wakeup call that she got.

“One time? In case you've forgotten all you keep doing is using his best friend against him. You don't think that hurt him when Seth and you were sacking faces in Vegas or how about you made it seem like you two were a thing.”