The Questions About Kenny and the Stupid Idea

Riley looked over at her best friend, "Can I ask you something?"

Leslie looked up from her phone. She dreaded that questions because she knew that she would always give an honest answer and she couldn't do that. She had to let Riley figure everything out on her own. Riley would get mad when her questions weren't answered. She felt as if everyone was just keeping so many secrets from her.

"Sure, what's up?" Leslie asked. She was hoping that Phil or Dean would come out of nowhere to help her. She didn't know how to handle Riley. She didn't know how to not be able to keep her mouth shut. She hated that she couldn't talk to her without having then around, but if they weren't around then there was a high chance she would spill everything.

"Where's Kenny?" Riley questioned. Leslie immediately paled. She had asked that question before, but Dean had been there to immediately shoot the question down and changed the subject, "And you can't tell me you don't know either. I just want to know where he is. I mean he is my boyfriend."

"Riley, honey-"

"Don't do that." Riley immediately interrupted. She hated when Leslie talked to her like that because it was an obvious sign that she was about to change the subject, "Don't try and change the subject like that. I just want to know where my boyfriend is."

Leslie looked at Riley, clearly not knowing what to say. What was she suppose to say? Riley still thought that Kenny was her boyfriend and Leslie wasn't going to shoot her down. Riley didn't know about all the horrible things that Kenny had done to her. The only good thing that came from this was that she forget about what Kenny did.

Before the accident, Riley still had her tiny breakdowns and her nightmares. There would be weeks where Leslie would have to sleep in the same bed as her in order for her to sleep. Riley would have small panic attacks if she suddenly saw something that reminded her of Kenny. Kenny may have been in jail, but Riley was constantly looking over her shoulder as if he were going to pop out of nowhere.

Leslie was probably the only one that fully understood the pain that Kenny could cause. She went through the same traumatic experience that Riley did. They both had little breakdowns, but they would lean on each for support. Leslie nodded longer had Riley to understand the nightmares, and to understand the pain that she still felt, just thinking about Kenny.

And Leslie didn't care. Leslie didn't care that Riley didn't remember the horrible things that Kenny did to them. Leslie would prefer to not have anyone to lean on and to deal with everything on her own, than to have Riley go back to having nightmares. She preferred for herself to hold all the traumatic memories for both of them, than to have Riley remember them. It took Riley weeks to finally open up to Leslie about it and she wasn't going to let Riley go through that pain again.

Leslie didn't like the thought of Riley putting Kenny on some high horse. She hated that Riley thought that Kenny was still her boyfriend and that he was still some great guy, when he wasn't. Kenny has been in jail for the past almost five months -- how was that supposed to be explained to Riley? Who was actually willing to tell her why Kenny was in jail?