The Talk About Answers and the Crucial Memories

Dean sighed as he sat down next to Leslie, "Have you talked to her?"

Leslie shook her head, softly, "I don't know what to say. She thinks that I accused Kenny of raping me. She thinks that I lied about the whole damn thing because that stupid asshole put it in her head."

Leslie ran a hand through her hair. She knew this was going to happen, which was why she told everyone to not let Riley visit Kenny in jail. It was the worst idea that they could have possibly had and it only led to more problems than before. She was trusting in no one, but Seth, which meant that she was probably keeping a lot bottled in.

She could only tell Seth so much before it became too much for her. She couldn't tell Seth everything. Leslie knew that Riley had a lot of things going through her head, things that even Seth didn't know about. Riley always had a certain person to tell something different to. If it had to do with drama and boys, Riley would talk to Leslie. If it was something more serious, she would go to Carter or to Phil.

"You have to find a way to have her remember it." He told her, "If you're too scared to tell her or have her not believe you, then get something. Maybe doctor's papers or show her the scar on your thigh."

She sighed, "I know I have to tell her, but telling her will bring back to many memories for me. It's been awhile since I've dealt with the nightmares and I want to keep it that way."

"I know I have to make sacrifices though, so I'll have to go down memory lane with her." She added.

"Don't think about it too much, Les. She'll understand everything once you start opening up to her, and she begins to trust you." He told her. Leslie looked over at him.

"How come you aren't trying to win her trust?" She asked, "I thought you wanted her to start talking to you, and not talk to Seth as much. You can't really have that if she doesn't trust you."

He shrugged. He didn't know why he hasn't tried much to gain Riley's trust. He wanted her to trust him, but at the same time he didn't. He knew that once she trust him, she would want answers. He didn't know if he wanted to give her answers. He could give her anything that she wanted, but not answers.

"I don't know if I want her trust." He said, "Her trust comes with wanting answers and I don't know if I want to give answers."

"Answers about what?" She asked.

Dean sighed, "Sooner or later she is going to start remembering parts of our relationship. You know better than anyone that our relationship wasn't always good. I just don't want to give her answers if she remembers something bad about our relationship."