Chapter 21

We had found some place that steered away from the school and away from any nearby people.

Mei: Rai...I don't want you involved in this. I appreciate the support, but you are no match for death himself.
Raizel: ....
Mei: ...please, please, for my sake, Just stay on the sidelines unless told this once. I don't want what happened 800 years ago to happen again.
Raizel: ......I understand.

I didn't realize that Vince had disappeared from where he was till he appeared behind Rai and was about to attack him.
I rushed and swiftly grabbed Vince's wrist, stopping him from hitting Rai.

Mei: as usual, you never listen to me. I said not to touch him.

I twisted his wrist, and with my other hand I grabbed the collar of his shirt and yanked him down to his knees.

Vince: heh heh. Its been a while since you've made me fall to my knees....But your grip is weak.
Mei: ....

Vince managed to break free and back off. Before he could gain his balance, I rushed towards him and threw a kick. But it was ineffective because he managed to stop me by grabbing my ankle and slammed me to the ground.

Mei: ah! .....My back....
Vince: feels like Deja vu seeing you in this position.
Mei: ugh!

I kicked up with my other foot and knocked him right in the jaw, he released my ankle. Taking my opportunity, I reached up and grabbed the collar of his shirt and smashed him right into the ground.

Mei: you think this is a joke!

I clenched my fist and punched down at vince's face, but I didn't hit him because he moved his head slightly over, so I missed, hitting the ground instead.

Vince: hmph. Your rusty...losing your edge after 820 years?
Mei: ....

I punched down again, but Vince managed to get out of my grip again and dodge me.

Mei: ...? What the....?

He was moving around so fast, I couldn't see him. I can't focus when I'm so irritated. Usually I could predict all his movements. Every time he attacked, he seemed as if he was in slow motion....but now I can't tell.
Without even noticing, Vince grabbed both my wrist and held them above my head, restraining me and my movements in place. Getting out of his grip was much harder than expected. I tried But I couldn't get free.
But to be in this position in front of Rai is adding insult to injury.

Vince: heh~. How does it feel Raizel?

This time Vince reached down with his free hand and grabbed the bangs of my hair and yanked them upward, revealing my green eye. Vince looked over towards Rai with the cockiest grin.

Vince: ...to have someone else touch your woman ~
Raizel: ....

His face did show it, but the energy Rai was emmiting was no joke.

I've had enough of this!

Mei: oh wicked spirit of the dead in limbo; recieve thine judgement and return from where you came. REPENT FOR YOUR SINS!!

Unlike many others who's weapons are knives, daggers, swords, or scythes....I have gauntlets.
With as much energy I had gain from Rai I was able to blast Vince off of me.

Vince: haha, now Its getting fun!
Mei: Vince, COME HERE AND FEEL MY RAGE!
Vince: ....oh holy spirit of life that walks among the living; receive thine evil and be eaten by darkness. SUCCUM TO YOU SINS!

Vince had summoned his weapon, as death, it was a scythe. A pure black scythe.

Vince swung his scythe multiple times at me, but I was able to deflect ever attack. Its only now that I see all his movements were in slow motion.
This time, I grabbed hold of the scythe in a tight grip.

Vince: ....as usual you can see all my movements.
Mei: ...come here so I can kill you.

I swung another punch at him But he dodged it and managed to grab me by my neck in a right grip.

Mei: .....
Vince: heh~ your shaking...

I didn't realize it but I really was shaking violently.
How did I miss it? I didn't even know his hand moved.

Vince: Afraid of me? Afraid of death?
Mei: ...How...did you...
Vince: I can see your movements in slow motion just as you see mine. I learned some new tricks while you were gone.
Mei: ....!!
Vince: I wonder...how much would you hate me if I kissed you for real this time?
Mei: !!!!!!

Out of pure rage, I brought my hand up and swung down at Vince, slapping him hard in the face. Making him let go of my neck. I stepped back and released a few coughs while holding my neck.

Vince: I'm about tired of you hitting me.

Vince's voice had darkened and stopped a few octives. This means he's really angry.

I wasn't able to catch him in time before Vince grabbed my shirt collar and smashed me deeper into the ground creating a large crater.

Mei: AAH!
Vince: you really are pathetic. Spending time with that Noblesse has made you weak. You don't even put up a good fight like you used too.
Mei: ....

My whole body hurts. It felt like he put his whole strength into slamming me down.
Vince them raised his scythe above me.

Vince: How about you go back to sleep again for a few minutes?

I'm scared...

Vince: Then when you wake back up, I'll kill you all over again!

I'm scared...!!!

Mei: RAI!!!

In that instand, Vince was struck back by a blast of blood. But Vince dodged it, only grazing his leg.

Vince: woah~. Got my leg there, heh heh...

Rai helped me and picked me up off the ground. I held on to his neck and he held tight on my waist to keep me supported up.

Raizel: ....Are you alright, Mei?
Mei: ....

I held on tight to Rai's coat trying not to fall, but trembling at the same time.

Vince: man, I thought I would never get one up on life. The satisfying feeling of knowing I can kill you without repercussions is too much....hahaha
Raizel: ....kneel.
Vince: ...hahaha. I'm death you overgrown leech. I don't kneel to people like you.
Raizel: ....

I can't let Rai fight Vince. Vince will most likely kill him.
I have to get a hold of myself or else....
I could feel vince's negative energy drawing closer to us.
Vince was making his move again and attacked us with his scythe. But I immediately stopped him by grabbing the blade of the scythe with my gauntlet.

Vince: ...!!!
Mei: I'm sick of you.

I gripped down harder and broke the shattered the blade into pieces.

Mei: ....get lost.
Vince: ...!!

Within the blink of an eye, Vince had vanished.
I finally let out a deep and long sigh of relief, and my gauntlets disappeared. I felt a bit relaxed with Rai holding me but I'm still irritated....yet tired.

Raizel: Mei....
Mei: I'm so tired, Rai.

I looked up at him.

Mei: are you okay? I made you use your life force.
Raizel: I'm more concerened about you.
Mei: ...I lost a lot of energy. But I have enough I can give you to expand the life you used...
Raizel: I'm fine...can you move?
Mei: not a chance. I don't have the energy...plus, this position is very comfortable.
Raizel: ....
Mei: ...let's go back. I'm sure Frankenstein sensed us and is very worried....and I need some rest...

A little nap sounds nice.