Chapter 85

***flashback***

Back in their old home, Raizel was seated soundlessly drinking his tea that he loved so much, and Mei was seated next to him, eyes closed and in deep concentration.
Mei and Raizel has always had this nice, calm, and close relationship. When alone together they would be aware of each other's presence more, always hold hands, cuddle, be silly, and make love with each other if the other wasn't busy.

Raizel glanced over at Mei, whom was still clearly in deep concentration. Mei sometimes would ignore it, but she knew and could feel whenever Raizel was staring at her.

Raizel reached a hand out towards Mei and his fingertips traced and caressed along the side of Mei's neck gently.
Mei flinched at his touch and let out a shallow gasp, making her lose her concentration.

Mei: ...hah...r-rai..!

She would occasionally let her guard down more when she's alone with Raizel, mostly making himself undetectable unintentionally. Mei would do this only with Raizel, it makes her feel as though they are on the same level rather than having their titles define them....it made them both feel normal.

Raizel: ...?

Mei: what...are you doing?

Raizel: your skin...is soft.

Mei's face flushed.
Raizel continued to feel the skin around Mei's neck, causing goosebumps to surface all over.

Mei: ...r-rai...hold on, this tic..

Raizel: this tickles...? are you sure it only tickles, and nothing more?

Mei stares into Raizel's gentle red eyes, speechless.
Before Mei could as much as think of a response, Raizel pulled her onto his lap, straddling him. Mei connected their foreheads together and stares even deeper into his eyes.
There was such a look of lust in his eyes, but they mingled with something so gentle and beautiful.
Mei tilted her head to the side slightly, Raizel copied her and did the same, causing a playful giggle from Mei and a smile to appear on Raizel's face.

Mei: are you just gonna copy everything I do?

Raizel: maybe.

Mei: ...heheh...

Mei leaned in and captured his lips in a kiss. Raizel began to kiss her back more passionately, wrapping an arm around her waist.
This continued for a bit, until they both parted, needing air.

Mei: ...

Raizel's other hand slowly slipped under the back of Mei's shirt causing her to freeze.

Raizel: the skin on your back...feels soft too.

Mei: ...rai...?!

Raizel: I can feel the knobs of your spine one by one. It stands out nicely.

Mei: ...?

He began counting slowly against her ear as he traced his hand along the spine of her back.

Raizel: one...two...three...four...

five...

Mei: rai...it really tickles...

Raizel chuckled lightly at her reaction.

Raizel: so it tickles, hm?

Mei: your doing this on purpose....

Raizel: maybe I am.

Mei: ...

A knock suddenly came at the door, snapping both of them out of each other's eyes and ruining the moment they were having.