chapter 69

The power of the blood stone is making him stronger. The life force I took from him is being replenished.
Where is he getting this much power?

Ragus: HAHAHA. you two understand the blood stone's true power. It sucks the life force from living creature and use it. ....what a foolish choice not to use this power. I'm going to use this blood stone to get rid of you both and absorb the power of all the nobles!

Mei: ........Ragus, I truly feel no sympathy for your demise...hehe, you kind of deserve it.

Ragus the shot a beam right at us. The feel and power of it was just the same as Rai's.
Rai then used his aura to create a barrier and blocked the beam. Even though it was strong, somehow Rai managed to deflect the beam up, knocking it away.
In a flash, Ragus was now behind us and was about to attack directly at Rai.

Mei: GET DOWN!

I tackled rai and pushed him over, even though we avoided the attack, my blood wing was sliced off in the process of Ragus' attack.

Mei: ugh...

Any later, he would have sliced off Rai's head.
Rai quickly maneuvered and held me tight in his grasp, then blocked Ragus' next oncoming blast. But Ragus' attack immediately overpowered Rai and Rai was forced back.

Mei: ...Raizel, are you alright?

I could sense Raizel growing wary. This is bad...very very bad. And Ragus is continuously growing stronger.
Suddenly, the energy flow I felt going into Ragus ceased.

Why now...?

Then, I felt a growing killing intent coming from him.
Oh no....

Mei: EVERYONE GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE NOW!!

Ragus summoned his red vines again and went straight for the others. Although, Lascrea was able to protect herself and the other nobles, the rest ended up being absorbed no matter how hard they taught back.

Mei: ...raizel, get up. You have to leave or...

Ragus: raizel. Mei. Your both next! I'm going to make your powers mine!

Damn. Damn. Damn.
Raizel is in no condition to fight any longer. He's practically out of breath at this point. But we can't escape.....

Mei: ...raizel, take my hand so I can give you some life force, hurry!

Raizel: ...!?

Ragus then attacked again with another blast. At the last minute, I was able to absorb the shockwave of the blast, but the force was so great it still knocked me back, and into Rai. I flew even harder since I was the one who took on the blast, so I ended up crashing down head first into the ground.
My mind started to spin, seeing three to four of everything.

Mei: ....

Ragus: HAHAHA. NO ONE CAN STOP ME NOW THAT I HAVE THE BLOOD STONE! I'M GOING TO DEVOUR ALL OF THE NOBLES IN LUKEDONIA AND THEN EVERY HUMAN IN THE WORLD!

I tried to stand up, but I kept stumbling....

Ragus: ah, Raizel. Still want to keep going? Unfortunately, you're no threat to me. And I don't want you using up power like that because I need to take it...

Mei: .....the day of reckoning has arrived.........I'm sorry, Raizel.

This moment was a tragic one. The single moment I couldn't interfere in...because this was the moment I would lose another sister, Edian Claudia will die here.