Chapter Nine: Can you keep a secret?

"So young lady, you thought it was smart to steal a little artifact." The man said to Madison who was in shock to think that she would steal something. "But sir I didn't steal it." He slammed his hands on the counter, "THEN WHO DID MISSY!" Madison jumped; she never had an adult yell at her before.

Angela put a hand on the officer's shoulder, "I'm so sorry officer. I should have been watching her. It will not happen again."

Madison looked at her mother. How could she think that she stole something?

The officer calmed down and said, "Well, of course, it's not going to happen again because you and your family are BANNED from this museum."

"WHAT," both Angela and Madison said.

The officer walked to the door and looked at them. "I'm afraid to say your family is no longer allowed at this museum. Taking ancient artifacts is a big deal and you should be grateful that I'm not making it one." He opened the door for them, "Please leave."

Angela looked at Madison, stood up, and walked out the door. The officer looked at Madison," Come on young lady this will tell you not to steal again." He slammed the door as Madison walked out.

Angela and Madison walked to the car. Diana was on her phone and Alex was listening to music. Angela got in the driver's seat and said, "Well I'm afraid that we are not allowed back at the museum because of someone mishap."

She looked in the rearview mirror at Madison, who was slouched in her seat. Diana looked up from her phone, "What did she do?" Angela looked at Diana. "She stole an artifact." Diana scrunched her nose and looked at Maddie, "You stole something."

She turned back and look at her phone, "Wow, I can't believe Miss Goody-two-shoes is turning all bad." Madison kicked the back of the seat that Diana was in. Diana looked up from her phone and turned around and yelled, "QUIT YOU LITTLE BRAT, YOU'RE ALWAYS CAUSING TROUBLE."

Madison stopped and yelled at Diana, "Shut up! AT LEAST I'M NOT A LITTLE FOLLOWER LIKE YOU." Diana pulled up her seat to where Madison could not reach it anymore, "AT LEAST I HAVE FRIENDS!"

"ENOUGH!" Angela yelled. "Diana when we get home I'm taking your phone away." Diana looked at her, "Wait what! Why?" Madison laughed.

Angela looked in the rear view mirror and said, "And Madison no TV." Diana rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Like she watches it anyways." Angela looked at Diana, "Didn't I just say enough?"

Madison looked at the ground with tears forming in her eyes. She looked at Alex and said, "I didn't steal it." He mouthed back to her, "I believe you." Madison smiled. At least her brother believed her.

As they arrived at the house, Angela held out her hand to Diana. Diana scoffed and put the phone in her hand. Angela smiled, "Thank you." She looked at Madison, "Maddie no TV."

Madison just looked at her and said, "Yes ma'am." She ran upstairs to her room and jumped on her bed with her arms covering her face as she cried.

She felt a tap on her shoulder. She thought it was Sally. "Go away."

"No why do I have to go away," She turned around to see Alex. She hugged him and cried. He patted her back. "Shhh Maddie its ok." Madison looked at him, "But it's not, everyone hates me." Alex looked at her," No one hates you, Maddie you're just on punishment."

Madison laid her head in a pillow, "But I didn't do anything, I don't even know how that necklace got into my pocket." Alex combed through her hair, "I know but how do you think it got into your pocket?"

Madison looked at him, "I can't tell you." He looked at her, "Is it a secret." She nodded. "From a scale of 1-100." He said stilling looking at her. She smiled and said, "Over 9,000!"

He laughed, "It must be very important then. Can you at least tell me some of it?" She shook her head and giggled. "Why can't you tell me?"

Maddie looked at him with a serious face and said, "Alguien me está mirando y no puedo decir porque algo voluntad sucedió a la familia."(Someone is watching me and I cannot say that something will happen to the family.)

He frowned his eyebrows,"Quien?" She looked at him, "Tengo que decir que esta noche, pero prometo que no puede decirle a nadie." (I have to tell you tonight but promise you cannot tell anyone."

She held out her pinkie. He looked at her, wrapped his pinky around, and said, "I promise." He walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

Madison sighed. "What was that all about?" She tensed up and looked at Sally, "N-nothing." Sally squinted her eyes, "You're lying! What did you tell him? TELL ME NOW!" Madison flinched at Sally's command. Sally looked at her, "Tell me!"

Madison sighed, "Ok, ok I asked him in Spanish if he could keep a secret of my problem." Sally raised an eyebrow, "Which is?"

Madison rubbed her arm, "That I am a bed-wetter." Sally looked at her with disbelief, "Are you serious? That you are a bed-wetter." Madison nodded, "Yeah that's why I said it in Spanish."

Sally started laughing at Madison as she walked in the closet. Madison rolled her eyes, sighed and laid on her bed. She grabbed a book off the shelf that is next to her bed. She shrugged and opened the book to page one.