two

Nothing was perfect.

Everything in this world was flawed and Legos were a sack of lies, to be stacked, to remain stacked. Randomness was a necessity, a need that stabilized the universe, unlike stupid Legos. It was clear from the second law of thermodynamics, that the entropy, the disordered way was acceptable.

Ironic.

In a world where humans believed that being stable was being disciplined; being in a particular orientation and being according to the norms of society, the world had its way of saying fuck off. The world was not perfect, and nature was bizarre, but it was beautiful. And she believed in not being perfect, even if not being beautiful. She knew her flaw and embraced it.

After presenting herself with the right answer, her teacher glared at her and asked her to leave the class. Why? Well apparently, the teacher preferred Legos over Entropy. No one understood her cool attitude, sarcasm wasn't common.

Aurum, I love you.

Aurum –gold, was the reason for her freedom. And she believed to use it properly, it's not easy to mildly piss off a teacher daily, as a strong hatred would cause loss- detention would hinder her intentions.

"Good morning."

The librarian eyed her from the edge of his half-moon-shaped glasses.

Who fancies that kind of glasses these days?

She wanted to ask the man if it was from the time when ugly Britishers ruled India but her wise mind requested her to shut her mouth. It was easier to be quiet than be revolutionary, well asking about glasses wasn't much of a revolution, but anything could tick off the old lumpy librarian.

Her school library was a necessity and her attitude could leave her with no bloody choice to acquire books from there.

"Yes, Miss...Um...Kanak.", the librarian saw the batch attached to her blazer and confirmed the name.

"Sir, I wante---"

Thump

Everyone in the hall turned around to see who was the clumsy idiot to fall.

Even she turned around, sighing from getting distracted, and was amused to see the books surrounding the guy, who was busy gathering his flying notes as well as all the books that had slipped from his hands.

She stalked near him and leaned down. He gave her a small smile, but she didn't.

"No, it's perfectly fine. I can get up."

She rolled her eyes. Taking two books from the pile of his collection, she got to the librarian and issued them.

He watched her, the way she had reacted. That might be the first time for him to encounter a personality like Kanak, but she was used to all kinds of shaming.

Before he could contemplate that she wasn't helping him to collect his books, but rather taking a book or two from him, she had left the library.

His face had a weird expression, he wasn't angry nor was annoyed. It was different, though she didn't notice.

---