twenty nine

"I am not sorry, Kanak. I will not ask for forgiveness."

He would had preferred to be dumped to the last level of hell but he would never accept that he was wrong. For him, each word spilled had carved his anger which wasn't wrong.

"You don't know."

It was her fault. She was informed about his arrival and still she opted to be in front of him, to face him because she wasn't guilty of anything. She did what she felt to be right. For her, her each decision was correct, she being always right.

"I know, Kanak."

He stood and stared at her, challenging her to push him, to cry and tell him the truth, to prove him wrong.

"No!"

She screamed, her body loosing prolonging control, her energy evaporating and darkness covering everything.

And he cried before the little tears could escape from her eyes.

***

"Kanak..."

He had carried her to her bed and tried all silly tricks to make her conscious, which eventually had failed. Though doctor said it to be nothing dangerous but just a stress attack, he knew better.

"Kanak..."

He caressed her head, his fingers gently combing her short hairs, relieving her from so-called stress.

Ironic.

Few minutes before he was the one who had made her cry and now he was trying to calm her.

Stupidity.

"Why are you still here?"

She murmured, a faint question as well as request to leave her alone.

"Because I don't know, Kanak."

Her eyes searched for his. And when she saw unworldly emotions swirling there, she closed her own.

"Tell me, Kanak, why you left me alone?"

The plea in his voice made her to shift away from him, gathering her weak body to opposite side of bed.

"So, you are choosing to run away again?"

"No."

"Tell me."

She cried, first time in front of a person, first time not alone under the dark shade of night, first time for being so attached to someone.

"Would you be able to tolerate the hatred of your only best friend?"