four

Neutral.

When an acid and base reacts, it neutralizes the power of each other. The good and bad does so. One who does something bad in past rectifies it by doing good deeds, but is it right? Being something else and using a different facade just for the sake of acting nice, isn't it wrong?

She wasn't amused when she realized that he was right, that she was rude, rude like scorching heat, rude like acid over base. But that was what she was- rude... or more perfectly- brutally honest.

She couldn't change it for someone because the said someone loved being piece of diplomatic shit. That was not her idea of life, not at all.

---  

"Hello, Miss. Rude."

She thought sighing was a waste of breath now. She had sighed enough for him.

This leech of person is not going to leave me till I tell him to fuck off!

"Yes."

Left side of his face had a long cut impression, may be a remnant of a mischievous deed in his childhood or anything else. The mark curved when he smiled, like it did that time.

From when scars made people look beautiful.

Her mind connected things faster to theories, to make an idea and she created one for that mark. Surely, he was a trouble causing kid.

"So, you accept?" he asked as a matter of fact.

"If I accept, will it make you leave me alone?" she asked.

He stopped walking next to her. His sneakers weren't making noise next to her foot, his jacket zips not clinking next to her bag.

"You win!" she heard him but didn't turn.

But later, when she felt an absence of a shadow lurking next to her, she turned around.

He wasn't there. Neither the sneakers, jacket nor the very stupid musk and wild fragrance he always carried along him.

---