Chapter 26

I woke up and immediately headed for a shower I cringed when I saw my red puffy eyes.

I took a nice bath and changed before heading to Jake's room. I opened the door and was greeted with him laughing with Jayden. I cleared my throat.

"Mama good morning" he said and smiled running up to me. I smiled and kissed his forehead.

"Morning sweetheart! I see you're already changed so let's go get some breakfast yeah" I said sofly trying to ignore the piercing gaze on my back.

"Yeah daddy helped me" Jake said and smiled at his supposed dad who bad mouthed him last night. I smiled tightly and lifted him in my arms.

We walked downstairs and I knew he was following us.

I quieltybmade some pancakes well aware of his eyes following my every move in the kitchen

"Bethany" he said sofly looking at me with cautious eyes and I didn't respond nor did I look at him.

"Jake sweetheart we're gonna stay with my mom for a while ok, you remember her right" I asked sofly and he grimaced I knew he wasn't quite fond of her but I had no chose.

"No absolutely not!" Jayden hissed and I continued with my cooking takinf deeo breaths when all I wanted to do was cry cause I knew this time it was it. No more hurtful words.

I felt a breath behind me.

"Baby please" a broken voice said and my heart clenched for him cause I knew his fright of everyone leaving but he's the reason why he pushes everyone away.

"I can't Jayden" I whispered my hand gripping the edge of the counter and I closed my eyes feeling the tears gather. I felt his ragged breathing.

"Please, I'll- I'll be better, I won't tell at you I'll quit drinking I won't ever touch a bottle of alcohol ever....... But please just......stay, you've all I got" he whispered and I spun around taking in his broken and weak look. A lone tear escaped. I loved him so much but I can't do this.

"Jayden don't make promises you can't keep.........you practiaccly broke up with me last night" I smiled sadly wiping my tears and sniffed.

"Yell at me" he said with a black expression.

"What?"

"Yell at me, curse me, hit me, tell me to get out and I'll go but please just don't leave don't leave me." He said sofly pressing his forehead against mine.

I moved away from him and wen and fed Jake his food. After we finished eating I texted my driver to pick us up. Jayden still stood by his spot. I went upstairs to get my bag and when I reached the kitchen I heard the both of then talking but I didn't intruge.

"Daddy you not coming with mommy and me" Jake asked innocenly and I saw Jayden move and kneeled in front of Jake messing up his hair.

"No buddy I'm uh......have some work but I'll see you at home okay, don't give your mummy any trouble on your way to school ok and be good at school" he said sofly and picked Jake up and dropping him on the ground beodre tapping his little bum. I smiled when I heard his giggle and I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

I can't believe he's officially mine, what would my mother think? She'll want to kill me for sure.

"Mama, daddy isn't coming with us he has work" Jake said when they reached outside the kitchen and I jumped stunned but nodded and his cheeky grin. I held his hand and walked to wards the door.

"Bye!" He exclaimed looking and Jayden and Jayden waved back.

Before I could turn the knob if the front door I heard a voice.