7

Xander

I lay in my bed staring up at the ceiling, my eyes wide open. I can't fall asleep anymore, every night I come in and just wait 'till morning. I hear a soft knock and the door opens slowly, but I stay still. Soft footsteps walk towards me after closing the door and it takes everything in me to not delude myself and think it's Aria.

"Sam is here. I managed to convince her to stay in the living room while I get you up." Josh says after a few moments of silence but I stay in the same position. "... Did you even sleep at all? At least 10 minutes?" I take my time but I finally respond with a shake of my head. "Xander, you look awful, you've barely eaten anything, you barely get out of your fucking bed, I know you miss Aria but are you just going to fucking lie there and take all this shit?  I know you. You would storm down to the living room and kill Sam in the most painful and slowest way possible. Get it fucking together! Since you're back everyone is looking up to you and is finally relaxing. Now enough is enough, grow a pair and either kill Sam or put on a fake smile so you can protect the woman you love and your child."

"How is she?" I mutter out in a hoarse voice.

"Is that all you gathered? Xander, I'm trying to-" He begins ranting out once more.

"How is she?" I say slightly louder and I hear him sigh.

"She's back. She's been back for a day or two now."

"She's back? Where is she? Is she in a hotel?" I ask sitting up slowly, so I don't become dizzy.

"No. She's back home. Back in the gang. All the above. I had to cut ties with Max so Sam wouldn't have a connection to her gang. But in my last meeting with Max he told me she was back in the gang, ready to fight again, and that she was pregnant. That's how I found out you're going to be a dad... I don't know if I should congratulate you or apologize. Xander, my point is get up, eat, regain your strength."

"Why is she back in the gang?" I sigh deeply and run a hand through my hair.

"Take a wild guess." Josh says sarcastically and I glare at him. "Well it's true, you ran away together then you break her heart as soon as she becomes pregnant with your child and come running back to what you were trying to get away from."

"... I need to see her." I push the covers off me and get up walking towards the door.

"No, no, no, that is the worst thing you can do right now. For you and her." Josh runs in front of me putting his hands up to stop me.

"I-" I begin then the door opens interrupting me.

"How long were you going to keep me waiting? You know I'm not very patient." Sam says walking in and I cringe at her voice.

"My apologies it took a while to wake him. I'll leave you two alone." Josh gives me a warning look and walks out of my room.

"Well don't you look sexy. Morning hair, no shirt, just boxers. I think I made the right decision of making you my boyfriend." She laughs, grinning, while running her cold hands over my torso and I tense up. She steps closer to me and rests her head on my chest, moving her hands to my back rubbing it slightly. I stay still staring at the floor.

"By forcing me, is it because you can't get a date on your fucking own?" I mutter quietly under my breath so she can't hear me.

"What?" She pulls away looking up at me and I shake my head mumbling 'nothing' and she shrugs her shoulders beginning to kiss my neck.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I say and step away from her walking towards the door. I walk to the restroom and take my time using it so I can stay as far as I can from her, for as long as I can. I walk out of the bathroom when I'm done and down towards the living room, not bothering to go back to my room.

"She's back? What the fuck do you mean she's back? I put you under specific orders to keep her in Germany... Make up some stupid thing like when you're pregnant you can't travel?! I don't know?... Well I know they can't travel later on in the pregnancy but you could've told her it was a myth! You're a damn fucking idiot is what you are. Say goodbye to your son, because you just fucked with the wrong person." I hear Sam quietly yelling in her phone and I stop staying behind the corner of the hall. Looks like she's found out Aria's back. I smirk slightly and walk towards her putting a hand on her shoulder, causing her to jump and hang up.

"Um... Are you okay? I didn't mean to scare you-" I say with a bit of monotone in my voice.

"Yeah! I was just talking to someone about a job. You know how it is... Hey, do you know if Aria's still in Germany, by any chance?"

"I'd assume so. She can't come back here, she left her gang. I don't think they'd want her back. Why?" I say with a tone indicating I'm completely oblivious.

"No reason. Anyway, since you're my boyfriend now, that means I can-" She begins but then finishes by shoving her cold, chapped, wet lips against mine. I immediately freeze, taking everything in me to not push her away. You're protecting Aria, I think to myself. You're protecting your gang, you're protecting your baby... You're going to kill her, You're going to fucking kill her...