10

Xander

"Tell me what's really going on." Dr. Cain walks up in front of me as I watch whatever his name carry Aria out. She's always hurt, I don't know how that Idiot is still alive, but I'm glad she is.

"I don't know what you mean." I simply say.

"I won't tell her anything. I respect that you have secrets to protect her, I just want to know why you're acting like an idiot. She doesn't say anything to me but I know what has been happening with you two and your sudden change in feelings. Now, explain." He stares me straight in the eye and I try to stand my ground.

"I don't have to explain myself to you."

"No, but I know you still love her, despite what you say. And if you want a chance at her even considering accepting you back in her life again. I'm your best hope. Max will certainly not help you, neither Marissa. And Josh will have no impact on her, no offense."

"None taken, it's true." Josh immediately responses and I begin glaring at Dr. Cain. I can't tell him. I don't want any more risks on Aria. Which is no fucking use since she got shot because of Sam's dumbass orders to come after this gang. She didn't tell me why, but I did own a gang for around 8 years if not more. She sent me here to get to Aria. It's a basic tactic. Stir up some trouble around your enemy, not enough to start a full blown war but to let them know you don't mind picking a fight with them over nothing. It's also an opportunity to know how your enemy deals with problems and figure out a way to exploit their weakness. I'm pretty sure some of the men that came with me will report to Sam secretly after my report. Aria's in danger no matter what. If I can still get to her some how. To let her know I didn't abandon her from my own free will, maybe-- maybe I can kill Sam and be with Aria again. Be with my son or daughter, I don't care what the gender is anymore, I just want my family. My own family.

"When Aria was in Germany and I came back to help Josh, I had a meeting with Sam. She made this elaborate speech just to say she wants me to be a part of her gang and break up with Aria... I had to. Sam had people in Germany ready to kill Aria and I couldn't let that happen." I clench my fist tightly. "She was out of my reach, I had no way of protecting her and she's was vulnerable from all the throwing up. She would've died... She would've died."

"Thank you... And as a promise I won't tell her. I don't understand you children staying in this gang, drama on top of drama on top of killing. I hope things get better for you, Xander." Dr. Cain places a hand on my shoulder as he walks out of the front door.

"It's not like I have a fucking choice." I say as door closes behind him. "Come on." I say to Josh.

"Where are we going?" He asks as I walk out the door hitting my shoulder against the guy that carried Aria out.

"To do our job and report back to the Bitch in charge of us." I walk to my car and Josh walks to his. I unlock my car and sit in the driver seat, slamming the door closed. My life, my work has been dedicated to Aria, dedicated to her safety because I love her. I put the keys in and start the car beginning to drive. I'm working for Sam because I was under the impression that Aria and my child would be safe.

~

"Where is she?" I slam the front door of my house with a angry look on my face.

"Up in your room." Someone sitting on the couch says and I run up the stairs, getting angrier by the second until I hear a pounding in my ears. The doors slightly opened already and I bang my fist on it causing it hit the wall hard. I get taken back slightly when I see Sam laying on the bed expectantly in pink and purple polka dotted bra and matching underwear.

"Well, hello there." She tries to say in a seductive voice and I visibly shiver in disgust. I shake my head l slightly when I remember all my anger at her. I slam the door behind me and grab her arm yank her up and shove her against the wall placing my forearm over her throat. "I didn't know you wanted it rough!" She squeaks excitably.

"Aria got shot from one of your men on that useless job you sent us on. When I said I would work you for you I expected her to be safe. You lied to me." I say through clenched teeth reaching in my back pocket and grabbing a knife, revealing the blade, moving my arm down slightly so I can put the tip of the knife to her neck.

"Woah-- Woah-" She gulps slightly staring at me then gets her smug persona back. "Technically, I didn't lie to you. I said if I made a phone call your child and Aria would be dead. That was for that situation, so I could get you to join my gang. Never did the words "Aria and your baby will always be safe if you join my gang. You assumed, which is never a good thing. Tsk tsk tsk."

"I'm still the one with a knife to your throat, I could kill you right now." I press the tip of the knife a little deeper.

"Oh but you won't." She teases, grinning.

"Why the fuck not?"

"Because my loyal members have specific orders to carry out if I do end up dead." She's in my hands, I can kill her, why am I hesitating? Why? I could kill her and control the gang and say she's 'sick.' Why can't I just kill her?... Because I'm powerless, 'my' gang is still under Josh's control and her gang would immediately come after me or Aria once they find out Sam's dead. I'm outnumbered, even in my own house. I don't have any solid connections anymore. Once again, I have no other choice. I step back from her, glaring, while keeping the knife gripped in my hand at my side.

"You see, I knew you wouldn't." She laughs and steps forward to me, kissing my cheek lightly, I stand still. "It's a shame you had to run the mood, but I'd still be up for a quick fuck, what do you say?" Instead of answering her I walk out the door.