14

Xander

"Tell me how she is."

"Sir please, just sit down and when everything's done we'll inform you of-"

"Tell me how she fucking is."

"Sir-"

"I am not someone to fuck with right now. How she is?"

"Again, sir-"

"We're done, let him in." I look up to see Dr. Cain slipping his long white coat on. I walk past the nurse and down the rest of the hallway to Aria's room. I open the door, freezing when I see her lying still in bed, eyes closed, and an iv attached. I slowly walk over and grab her limp hand gently.

"I'm going to straight out say it, it was a miscarriage. There wasn't any possible way it couldn't have been a miscarriage. But since it was a late miscarriage we had to take her into surgery to extract the baby. Aria's just sleeping off the medication. I won't get into more specifics than that because this is a traumatic incident unless you want to know." Dr. Cain says behind me.

"No... When will she wake up?" I ask quietly.

"She just got out of surgery, the minimum might be rest of the night and most of tomorrow."

"Thank you."

"I'm sorry for your loss. I know it's never my place to say anything but it's important for you to be with her now... I also know she wouldn't want me to tell you but she was 16 weeks pregnant, she found out the gender of the baby earlier today. I wrote it on a note for her and I'm not sure if she looked at it yet, would you like to know? You are the father."

"I'll find out from her," I shake my head, still staring at her hand. I hear Dr. Cain walk away, opening and closing the door. I pull a chair from the wall and sit next to Aria, placing my elbows on the bed and press her hand to my lips.

I don't know what to do. I lost my child and ripped away from the love of my life. I should've told her everything from the start, the moment she was within arms reach. I should've told her not to worry or written some type of fucking note to tell her that, I'm lying. It's all my fucking fault. The day I went to our hotel room I should've done something but, Sam had a sniper watching me. Sam... It's not my damn fault it's hers. She's the one who threatened me, she's the one who started all of this.b ut wibut with all the stres

I look up at Aria's face, I forget who young she is sometimes, how young I am. But with all the stress on her she looks older than she is, when she's awake. I reach over and stroke her hair back gently. I miss her. I miss hearing her snarky and idiotic remarks. Late at night, I would always find comfort in her just lying next to me. I would do what I was doing now and just look at her to regain my sanity and she never woke up. I would laugh at what a heavy sleeper she is, and how fucking loud she snores. You'd think a damn baby elephant was trying to get attention. But now I either have to stay awake all night, 'pretend' I fell asleep in my office, or sleep next to a fucking lizard.

I begin filling up with rage at the thought of Sam again. It was her damn ass that ripped me away from my family. The damn love of my life. And killed my child. She's going to fucking pay for everything. I place Aria's hand done and walk towards the door, Aria won't be waking up for a while so I have time to get my fucking revenge. I close the door behind me as I walk out and walk past a giant wave of Aria's gang members.

"You, what's your name?" I ask to the guy closest to me.

"Austin." He stands up, "Is she okay?"

"Wait a minute, you're the dude from a year ago, the one flirting and shit with her," I say.

"No, but now is she? Is she awake?"

"No, I need you to find Max or Marissa and make them guard her door, I'll be back," I say and begin walking away.

"They're not part of this gang anymore." He calls after me and I stop.

"What do you mean? What happened to them?"

"Marissa got hurt and Max got furious. Right then and there he told Aria he no longer wanted to be a part of this gang or even be acquainted with her. They left two weeks ago."

"Then you fucking guard her door." I walk away again. I never thought Max would fucking leave Aria. He left her all alone when she needed him the most, it's like he spit in her face... I know I did the same but it was for her safety. I didn't want- Sam was- it's not the same. It's not the same.

~

"She's in your-" I hear the same damn guy sitting on the couch watching tv begin to say. I pull my gun out and shoot a bullet straight through his head. I run up the stairs two at a time and get to my room, kicking the already slightly open door. As the saying goes Karma's a bitch and today my fucking name is Karma... That sounds feminine, forget that. I find Sam scrambling to pack all her stuff away and I grab her arm slamming her against the wall, gripping her throat.

"No, Xander, wait!" She chokes out. "I didn't mean to kill-"

"I don't give a shit on what you did and didn't mean to do. My child is dead because of you." I shove her head with the end of my gun. "I just wish I had more time to torture you. You put me through hell and I want to do the same. But I can't have you alive any longer-"

"No, Xander, please!" She digs her nails in my hand trying to scratch it away. "I was beginning to be kinder. I was falling in lov--"

"You just want to stay alive. Don't try that bullshit. Nice knowing you, Cunt." I smile slightly but I'm tackled to the ground as soon as I pull my trigger. I see one of Sam's members on top of me, trying to pin me to the floor, knocking my gun out of my hand. I pull my head back and hit his forehead as hard as I can with mine and he recoils back. Ignoring the pain in my head, I shove him off me and grab my gun shooting him in the head. I run after Sam and the guy helping her get away. I just make it out of the door when I see them getting in a car and I begin shooting like crazy trying to get one shot in. They drive away with bullets in the side of the car and broken glass.

"Fuck you," I scream, pulling the trigger long after I've run out of bullets and throw it to the ground. I pull my knife out and walk back into the house, looking for anyone left. No one is left alive and now my house is full of dead bodies.

~

It's been hours since my rampage and I sit next to Aria, waiting for her to wake up. My head's resting on the hospital bed tracing circles on the back of her hand. It took me awhile to calm down after Sam got away. Killing a chunk of her gang helped but it wasn't the satisfaction of killing her. I'll look for her later, right now I have to stay until Aria wakes up. I feel her hand move slightly and I sit up straight looking at her face.

"Aria?" I say quietly as I see her eyes blink open. "Aria, do you need anything? How are you feeling?" I begin to ask questions and she turns her head slightly to looking at me. "I know you might be upset with me being here, but I can explain everything." I stare at her with longing and pause when she doesn't respond or move. "Aria, are you okay?" She continues staring at me. After a long period of silence, she says the words that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

"My baby's dead."