Yukari Yakumo

Requested by PKGZREADS

1. Yukari is probably one of the strongest youkai (if not the strongest) in all Gensokyo along with Yuuka Kazami and Suika Ibuki.

2. The characters for Yakumo literally mean "eight clouds" (or "countless clouds"), and Yukari is "violet".

3. According to Perfect Memento in Strict Sense, not only she is Ran's master but the one who gave Ran her name.

4. When Rinnosuke had an iPod in his shop, only Yukari knew how to actually use it, and further knew that it was considered a trendy item in the outer world. She similarly knew about the Nintendo Game Boy and DS.

5. Marisa once stated that Yukari uses a small box to talk to her shikigami when they are far away from her, which led Rinnosuke to believe that she owns a cell phone.

6. She is the only Phantasm boss in the series.

7. One of her alternate palettes in Hisoutensoku is based on her best friend, Yuyuko.

8. Yukari is the only character in Imperishable Night that doesn't tell her partner the dangers of the full moon.

9. Yukari wears different dresses in Perfect Cherry Blossom and Imperishable Night. According to ZUN, the purple dress in PCB is her casual daywear, and the pink one in IN she wears when she commands her Shikigami.

10. Her ability is manipulation of all boundaries. ALL. BOUNDARIES. This is a pretty dangerous power, guys.

11. There is a train service in Japan called Yakumo. In Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, one of Yukari's spell cards spawns a train to mow her opponent down.

12. For some reason, Yukari's appearance in spell card 222 in Imperishable Night is different from other characters. Instead of using the new image in Imperishable Night, a modified image from Perfect Cherry Blossom is used (she has blue ribbons instead and dress is red).

 Instead of using the new image in Imperishable Night, a modified image from Perfect Cherry Blossom is used (she has blue ribbons instead and dress is red)