Raiko Horikawa

Requested by kiradela

IM SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG

1. Raiko, along with Kaguya Houraisan, Nue Houjuu, Kogasa Tatara etc, are one of the few characters in Touhou who have no kind of headgear.

2. Raiko is one of the 8 musicians. The others are: Prismriver Sisters, Mystia Lorelei, Kyouko Kasodani, and the Tsukumo sisters Benben and Yatsuhashi.

3. She essentially left her old drum and entered a new one with the power of the outside world's magic.

4. Raiko is explicitly the smartest of the instrument youkai and the only one to figure out how they could continue to exist without the power of the Mallet.

5. Most of her spell cards begin with their number followed by the word "Drum" (First Drum, Second Drum, etc). Her fourth spell card begins with "Death Drum".

6. Her fourth spell card shakes the screen while it's filled with bullets.

7. "Primordial Beat ~ Pristine Beat" is consistently considered to be one of the best themes ZUN has done so far.

(CANT SAY I DISAGREE)

8. Raiko appearance and some of her powers are based off the thunder god Raijin.

9.  Raiko is the only tsukumogami involved here that Shinmyoumaru didn't create. She was a natural one born of age and continued use; the Miracle Mallet simply gave her humanoid form, and boosted her natural power to an immense degree.

10. She acted as a sort of mentor to the Tsukumo sisters.

11. Raiko claims in her dialogue that her new power comes from the drummers of the outside world. It's implied that her power actually comes from Rhythm Games.

12. Her last two spell cards synchronize to the background music.

13. Alternative Facts in Eastern Utopia reveals that she's joined the Prismriver Sisters as their percussionist.

14. Some of her spell cards shoot electricity, and one of her electricity-shooting spell cards is named after the den-den daiko, a Japanese pellet drum. While den-den is Japanese onomatopoeia for drumming, den by itself can also mean "electricity". (In Japanese Mythology, Raijin the god of thunder also wears a taiko drum for this reason.)