8

Daryl

It was Friday, the 27th. The rest of the week was a drag. A couple days ago I had a interview at Jack Hanson's garage shop and got the job. I had had plenty trouble looking for a job being attached to my last name and all, but the interview went pretty well. Today was my first day.

At school this morning, Rache and I saw that Matthew was back. He kept mad dogging us throughout the day and finally during lunch he called us out. It took everything in me to walk away but Rachel grabbed my hand and pulled us out of there and into the parking lot.

After school was out, she drove me to the shop, talking about how excited she was for tomorrow and going on 'bout how much I'm gonna love it.

"Imma pick you up after work." She was so happy for me; her eyes were smiling. "We'll hang out after, and I'm gonna be the first to wish you a happy birthday so I gottta be with you at 12."

I laughed and nodded. "Alright. Sounds good."

She smiled at me and gave me a quick hug, "Good luck! See you soon." I got out and waved her off. Not gonna lie, I was pretty excited to be working.

Work was great. I already knew plenty with fixing cars, but by the end of this I'd be ready to have my own shop. I loved fixing and working on em. The shift went by pretty quick and I'd be coming back on Sunday. When I clocked off, Rachel was out in her Dart waiting for me.

I grinned, walked up to her and she smiled, "How'd it go?"

I smiled down at her, "s'good, it's good. Gonna be great really. I'll be ready for my own shop after all this."

She nodded, "Mhm! Proud of you Dare.. you're gonna do it. C'mon, it's your pre-birthday party party!" I shook my head and laughed while I got into the car. The rest of the car ride she asked me questions about the job.

When we got to her house we went out into the backyard and we finished up the homework we had so we'd be free the rest of the weekend. We finished up just as her mom was calling us for dinner.
We had pizza and we all sat in the living room and watched The Empire Strikes Back. Once the movie ended Rache and I helped her parents clean up. "You ready to be an adult?" John asked, he laughed, smirking.

I snorted and smiled. "You ready for your daughter to be one?"

John smiled and stared at Rachel. She looked over to me grinning. She was beautiful. John shook his head, "No way."

It got late quick. At 10, Rachel told em she was taking me home, that she'd be back in 30. I thanked them all for the pizza, they waved me off saying they'd see me tomorrow.

She drove us to Jeffersons and we parked near the trees. She looked at me with that frenzied smile and held up a joint. I snorted and shook my head. She handed it to me and I took, putting it between my teeth. "You're crazy ya know?" I uttered, with an eyebrow arched as I reached into my pocket for my lighter. She shrugged and laughed.

We rarely did this, and every time we did it made for a pretty entertaining night. I took a drag and handed it to her. And as always she coughed a bit. I laughed and she hit my arm, "Shut up!" I kept laughing and she did the nose scrunch that I loved.

We barely smoked half, just enough to get a good buzz going, and we just talked for a good 25 minutes. After what seemed like enough time, we headed back to her house.