9

Daryl

We hadn't been walking long, and I just told Rick we could trust Rachel and her family, and he nodded, "You've always been good at reading people.. How do you know the-"

He was cut off by Ricky running up, he pointed behind him, "Hey, we have that bag. It's got four hand guns, some cans and a couple water bottles. Anything is everything, right?"

Rick gave me a funny look and then dipped his head to Ricky, "Yeah, were getting ours right now. It ain't much farther?" He asked and I shook my head, we were coming up a couple hundred yards. He continued, "We'll follow you to yours afterwards. We'll need all the supplies we can get once we finish things up." He promised and Ricky nodded.

I nudged Carl to follow and we walked up ahead of them, I didn't want a chance to have to talk to Ricky. And I didn't want to get into it with Rick. I was still trying to process everything, and the thought of ever having to explain myself to them scared the shit outta me.

I followed our old tracks for about another couple of minutes, and called for Rick, "We're coming up!" He walked on over and I continued to track our steps. Once I recognized the tree, I followed with my arm and shot left, "Right here." I pointed to the ground and pushed the dirt and leaves off our shovel under the tree. I tossed the shovel over to Rick when that big guy, Abraham questioned us, "The hell we still around here for?"

Rick started to dig up the bag, "Guns, some supplies. Go along the fences. Use the rifles. Take out the rest of 'em."

My head shot down to Rick with disbelief. Staying around here wasn't a good idea. We had gotten out, there was no point in risking anything just for his satisfaction. We should be putting as much miles between ourselves from that hellhole as we could.

"What?" Bob asked. Rick looked up at Bob and shook his head, "They don't get to live."

My head was scattered, but I couldn't get behind this one. Everyone gathered up close, and listened. Glenn spoke up, "Rick, we got out. It's over."

Rick grabbed his revolver from the bag, "It's not over until they're all dead."

"The hell it isn't. That place, is on fire. Full of walkers." The Latin girl pointed towards terminus, already heated.

Abraham followed, "I'm not dickin' around with this crap. We just made it out."

I grabbed onto the tree and stared down at Rick, waiting for him to respond, but his mind was set. I continued to listen as I watched him.

"The fences are down. They'll run or die" Maggie reasoned, could always count on her or Glenn to talk some sense into Rick.. He was a good leader, but he wasn't always right. This was one of them times.

"We barely made it out of there man," Ricky started and I glanced his way, "We gotta go." It surprised me that he seemed to be the one to speak up rather than Rachel.. My eyes drifted over to her, and for a split second, our eyes met. My heart jumped. She darted her eyes down and I bit the inside of my cheek. I wondered if I'd ever get used to seeing her, it didn't feel real.

I looked back down to Rick, who continued to go through the bag. I wasn't sure if there'd be changing his mind this time. Since the prison, he was different.. He'd do it alone if he had to, which would only lead to me helping him and everyone joining in. He was so damn stubborn..