20

Daryl

The drive back to her house was quick. She was speeding, tended to do that when she was upset. Not like it's my fault my dad did what he did last night. I pushed him off me and he slammed into the wall. He staggered up and I thought I was done for but he just walked into his room n' slammed his door.

I think maybe it must've surprised him or caught him off guard. I dunno, I was just happy I was finally with Rachel.

When we got to her house she dragged me into her room after I said hi to everyone. Her parents gave me a Christmas gift. A toolbox for my future garage. I couldn't wrap my head around how good they were to me. Just blew my mind every time they did anything for me.

She carefully shut her door and turned to face me. A small smile crept onto her face and she rested her back against her door just staring at me. I scrunched my nose and she walked over to me. She cupped the side of my face and brushed the hair outta my eyes with her other hand. "It's so long now," she giggled.

"Want me to cut it?" My tone was playful, crazy how she made me act.

"Nah, it's staring to grow on me." She smiled and walked away towards her box of cassettes. She picked it up and set it onto her bed, she jumped up herself and sat criss-cross. She patted the space next to her for me to join. I jumped on and she bounced and laughed. I turned the other way, my side was a bit sore but I didn't want her getting any kind of sign that it was bothering me.

She brought the box to her lap and looked down at it, her finger tracing the long list of the names of all the artists she loved. She was feeling up beat. Her body was loose and playful. "Pick one!"

I pointed to one of her favorites and she smiled up at me. I smirked down at her and she jumped up towards her stereo. She began to put the tape into her player when she spoke up again. "How was the trip?"

"S'Fine. Buck and my dad were asses but Jess was actually bein' pretty cool. Lasted way too damn long though."

She let out a soft laugh and she pressed play once she got the tape in. She jumped back into her bed and smiled up at me as the music began to play.

"I missed you." Her words came out in a soft whisper. She scrunched her nose and nudged me. I smiled and reached for her hand. "Missed ya too.." I began to trace her fingers with mine, and I stared at her for a while. She didn't look away so I just kept staring until I found myself leaning in to kiss her.

It didn't take long before she straddled me. We hadn't even been kissing that long when  John came barging in. I panicked and she basically threw herself back and off of me. I was breathing heavy, not from just kissin' but from also nearly pissin' my pants while John just stood there just as stunned as we were.

John shifted and looked from me, to Rachel, then to the ground. He quickly scratched his head while his other hand never left the door knob.

"Uh- your mom is um finishing up cooking if ya wanna head out there soon.."

Rachel's face was bright red.. which only meant mine was even worse. She quickly nodded and managed to utter out "Okay."

John nodded quickly too, his eyes till on the floor. "Alrighty uh- okay." He went to close the door but came to a halt as he was just out the door. "Uh actually- keep the door open.."