31. "Ella, I don't wanna get with any other girls"

The next morning, I am awoken by my phone vibrating against the wood of the bedside table. I squeeze my eyes shut and pull the duvet further over my head. I start to fall back into my slumber when my phone vibrates once more, making me groan.

"Fuck's sake" I mutter to myself as I slide one arm out of the duvet and feel around for my phone. When I reach it, I curl my fingers around it and pull it under the duvet, squinting at the bright screen. I have one new message from Brad.

Are you awake yet? :)

I roll my eyes and reply with a simple no, before turning over and trying for the second time to get back to sleep. It doesn't work because my phone vibrates again just moments later.

Obviously -_- we're all in the living room

I can take the hint that he wants me to get up but I'm comfy where I am so it's going to take more than that. Perhaps Tris will entertain me...

How hungover is my brother?

He's lied in Anastasia's lap and she stroking his head like a dog, you'd think he was on his deathbed

I laugh out loud at the description Brad's provides me with and it's enough to persuade me to get out of bed. After throwing a hoodie over my torso and brushing my teeth, I make my way to the living room where the three of them are. Brad looks up as he sees me enter and his mouth contorts into a big smirk.

Then my eyes wander over to where my brother is lying across the sofa, his head rested in Anastasia's lap with a blanket draped over him. Like Brad said, Anastasia is stroking his hair soothingly like you would a sick child.

"What?" He croaks as he spies me scowling at him.

"Jesus fucking Christ" I mutter, "I have never seen you look more pathetic"

"I'm ill!" He croaks but I'm pretty sure he's milking it.

"You're hungover" I correct, rolling my eyes as I perch on the arm of the sofa.

"I'm sure I wasn't that drunk" he murmurs.

"You didn't know who I was" I deadpan, making Brad and Anastasia laugh whilst Tris frowns in confusion, "at one point, I asked you if you were alright and you went 'er, I've got a girlfriend, thanks'" I add, imitating Tris's voice. Even Tris can't help but laugh.

"Well, at least I know that you're not cheating on me" Anastasia chuckles.

"Then you said 'you look like my sister' and I said 'wow, she must be absolutely beautiful'" I get few more chuckles with that, "and then you quite casually replied, '...yeah, she's alright'"

Apparently, that's hilarious because they start laughing, apart from Tris who starts to laugh but then it pathetically turns into a coughing fit.

"Don't make me laugh, El" he groans, "it hurts"

"Does anyone fancy breakfast?" Brad asks.

"Yes please" Anastasia smiles and I nod too.

"I was thinking about going to McDonald's" he suggests and everyone simultaneously agrees.

"Thanks mate" Tristan croaks as Brad stands up.

"You coming with me?" Brad asks, looking at me as he quirks an eyebrow.

"...No"

"Come on, I need an extra pair of hands" he pleads, pouting at me, "and neither of them will want to go"

"I don't want to go"

"Tough, come on" he chirps, "I'll buy you extra hash browns"

I groan and make a dramatic scene of dragging my feet out of the door, just to ensure Tris doesn't think that I'm happy about spending time with Brad. I am pretty happy about it.