09

CHAPTER NINE » REIGNITE
"I shouldn't have done that."

"Okay, how the hell do you merge worlds?" Stiles asked, probably voicing everyone's questions, as the four of us followed the train tracks. "Okay, nowhere in the manual does it say that werewolves can do that," he turned, glancing from Scott to face me instead. "And Scott and I pretty much wrote the manual."

"We can't even move between them," I added, feeling slightly deflated by the whole situation. I wanted nothing more than to get my friends back, especially Brett, but what the hell were we supposed to do?

"Yeah, look what it took to break you out," Scott practically mumbled, the mood dampening significantly.

After a pause, Liam glanced up at us, his pulse rate seeming to rise with sudden excitement. "We can't move between worlds," he spoke up, capturing our attention as he continued. "But Corey can. He can exist in both worlds," his eyes wildly flickered between Scott and Stiles. "And he can take people with him. At Scott's house, he pulled a Ghost Rider into our world."

"At the lacrosse game he brought us into theirs," Scott trailed off, pausing to probably think things through, but I could see the hopeful glint in his eyes.

"Wait," I said, a thought sparking in my own mind. "What if that's how Douglas is doing it?"

Liam nodded in agreement, our gazes meeting for a few moments before he addressed Scott again. "What if Corey's the key?"

"Interesting theory, okay," Stiles said dismissively. The new, hopeful feeling I'd previously conjured was beginning to falter. "Solid logic. It is. But he's in there and we're out here. So the only way to save everyone now is to just divert the train."

"We have to find him," Liam stated, a newfound determination suddenly seeming to strike him.

Upon hearing Stiles' reasoning, that Corey was in there and we were still here, it seemed that any idea to use him was going to be impossible. Liam's determination was all well and good, but the chances of pulling it off were becoming slimmer and slimmer. "How?"

"I'm going into the Hunt," he stated, immediately making me wince at the idea. Admittedly, the four of us had come up with some awful ideas in the past, but that was possibly one of the stupidest.

"No, no, no. Liam, I think you're confused," Stiles said nonchalantly, almost with a light laugh, as he began to step towards him. "We're trying to get people out of the Hunt."

"He can get taken by a Ghost Rider," Scott suggested, as I raised my eyebrows at the idea.

"It's just..." Stiles trailed off, hesitating slightly. "That's not a pleasant option. I'm just speaking from experience."

"I- I don't need to get taken to get into the Hunt," Liam stuttered out, his eyes seeming to light up. We watched him carefully, expecting him to continue.

"Okay. Seems like you got an idea, let's disc–" Stiles cut off as Liam suddenly rushed past us, sprinting back in the direction we had just come from. "Where are you going?!"

"I'll be back!"

The three of us froze still, watching after him until Stiles turned his head to look at Scott. "Were we like that?"

My brother turned to face his best friend, not missing a beat. "Worse."

"I'd agree with that," I added in, glancing back over in the direction Liam had ran off in. His scent was still strong, and I didn't doubt I'd be able to catch up quickly. "I'll go after him," I announced, causing the the two of them to whip their heads around to face me, concerned expressions on their faces. "I'll be fine. Just going to make sure he doesn't get himself, you know, accidentally killed or anything."