25

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE » SHATTERED
"Becca, what did you see?"

"Are you mad?"

Strangely, it seemed to be a frequent occurrence now that somebody was trying to trigger my visions by putting me through some kind of emotional torture – precisely what Theo was suggesting.

He leaned forwards, a jeering look dancing in his eyes as he watched Vee. "I don't see you coming up with anything better, Sabrina Spellman."

I shared a glance with my friend, who raised her eyebrows at the nickname, her arms firmly folded over her chest as she glared daggers at Theo.

"Honestly, right now there is nothing holding me back from–"

"Okay, stop," I interjected quickly, taking a step between both Theo and Venus before she could finish her threat. "Yes, this is a bad idea–"

"It's borderline suicidal."

I let out a breath of air, turning my attention back to Venus. "We haven't got any other choice."

"Bex, your powers on their own are way too strong right now," she reminded, moving away from the wall she was leant against. "With mine manipulating them? Who knows what could happen."

"I have to do this."

She shook her head, glancing away for a moment. "Surely there's another way–"

"Listen," Theo interrupted, an exasperated expression drawing on his face. "Do you want my help or not?"

"Yes."

"No."

"Vee," I warned, turning my head to give her a cautioning look.

She held my stare for a few moments, before eventually letting out a reluctant groan, shifting her gaze. "Fine, we want your help."

"Okay," I started, focusing my attention on Theo, who was glancing down at his claws in disinterest. "So how do we do this?"

"Well–"

"Hang on," Vee took another step forwards, eyeing Theo, who looked as if he was ready to bang his head against the wall ten times. "Why are the claws out?"

"Just a precaution," he answered nonchalantly, sending a brief look in my direction. I didn't exactly blame him, I knew what I was capable of.

Venus released a breath, shifting her body to face me. "Are you sure you want him? Like, literally, you could have picked anyone but h–"

"He has to be here," I responded firmly, sparing a glance at Theo, who was watching Venus with a playful smirk.

"Why?"

I swallowed thickly. "He's the only person that won't try and stop me."

"Can we get on with this now?" Theo asked impatiently, cutting through the silence that had fallen in the warehouse. He crossed in front of us to the other side of the room, becoming bathed in the warm glow of the candles that had been lit a few minutes prior.

Venus stared coldly at him for another long moment, as if weighing up some kind of option in her mind. "Okay," she eventually spoke, her attention shifting to a small bag, which she crouched down to pick up, soon laying out a few quartz stones. "Did you bring what I asked?"

I nodded slowly, reaching deep into my pocket to find the necklace I'd brought, eventually hooking my finger around it and holding it up. Venus gently took the necklace from my hands, holding it high in the air to examine it momentarily, before carefully placing it down by the stones and candles.