Chapter 5 Bonding

HEY GUYS, OKAY SO IN THIS CHAPTER SOME OF YOU (IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY) MIGHT START BECOMING MAD AT LILY. THIS IS UNDERSTANDABLE BUT REMEMBER – SHE THINKS CHASE HAD LET HER GO. THAT HE IS SAFE AND SOUND IN HIS OWN PACK. NOT ACTUALLY IN A PRISON CELL THAT HASN'T BEEN USED SINCE THE BEGINNING OF MOONLIGHT. FURTHER EXPLANATION OVER WHY THERE IS ACTUALLY ONE WILL COME LATER.

BUT OKAY – LET'S CONTINUE THIS THING PEOPLE CALL A STORY:

____________________________________________

Once we part from my parents we head to the woods, me instantly relaxing a bit more. Thought that probably only lasted for five minutes.

"Can I ask you something?" Felix squeezes my hand, letting shivers once again roam up my arm. I nod, glancing at him through my curls. His eyebrows are knitted together and he looks a bit worried. Why is everyone worried this morning?

"What happened when you were kidnapped? Did he hurt you?"

Okay – so that question was unexpected. Flashes of me and Chase's intimate moments flash through my mind and added to my wolf growling in my head I can feel my cheeks turning red.

"I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable to talk about. I've just been worried about it and that that asshole came to get you back – it makes me so angry" his grip tightens in my hand and a wave of warmth fills my body. I stop walking and turn my head to look at him.

Felix's teeth are gritted together and he looks about ready to kill something. With my hand still in his, I move in front of him. His eyes are closed and he is looking down but that doesn't stop me. Lightly, I place my free hand's fingers on his cheek, feeling the smooth texture of his skin. He had shaven this morning and it looks nice. He looks nice.

Better than nice. Perfect.

"Felix" it comes out in a whisper. His jaw has unclenched but his eyes are still closed.

"It doesn't matter what had happened, I'm here with you now"

My mate's eyes slowly opens and immediately, our eyes connect. For a moment his eyes are still dark but then his wolf allows us – as humans – to see each other. His irises are perfect. Before, I had only ever seen them as brown. Sometimes chocolate. But no – they were so much more. It was like someone had taken the forest in autumn and everything that came with it and had placed it into Felix's eyes. And it was amazing.

"You're really awesome squirrel" Felix whispered after a moment, a smile playing on his lips.

"You're not so bad yourself"

I'm suddenly embraced in a hug and I take in his scent. Even though his breath smells like bubble gum, the rest of him is coffee. Delicious warm coffee. It's soft and kind, and not at all scary. The opposite of what I had always thought of him.

It's weird how a sudden mating could make our attitudes and everything of each other change so quickly. Instead of just wanting to whack him over the head I wanted to hug him.

"Come on" the words escape his mouth and I can feel the tingle of his breath on my forehead. I nod, letting go of him but his one arm still stays around my shoulders. We walk deeper into the woods, me resting my head later on his shoulder.

Felix finally stops after a while and pushes me down onto the floor with him.

"I swear if my wolf doesn't stop howling in my head I'm going to explode" he chuckles.

I let out a laugh, glad I'm not the only one with a pesky wolf.

"Mine hasn't stopped since I've turned" I smiled, trying to make him feel better.