Chapter 27 Serenity

The moment that stupid command wore off I rushed to Felix's house. I was quite pissed off at Alpha Richard. He knew I was his son's mate but there he went, commanding me to abandon him. My wolf hadn't stopped howling in my mind since I was forced to leave. Howls, growls and whimpers. A continues cycle that was creating an ear splitting headache which I definitely deserved.

When I arrived at the alpha's house, I didn't spare a second to rush up to his room. And now there I was. Standing in front of the door feeling every emotion that ever existed.

Dammit... why was I so afraid?

Because the alpha ordered you away from his son.

Because you had started this war.

You don't deserve him.

You're a stupid weakling squirrel.

You are in love with another

Wait what? I shake the thoughts away from my head and open up the door. I had never been in Felix's room before but it was a typical boy's room. Quite big with things cluttering the floor and posters on the wall. In the one corner was a couch along with a flat screen and a stack of video games. A set of weights were next to the video games, contradicting each other. His window is open and a light breeze is filling the room. On the other side of the room is a desk with a laptop on. There's no evidence of books in the place except for one random book that's lying on the floor.

But on the bed – in the middle of the room – is the thing that captures my attention. The blanket is draped over him thought it only hides his lower half. His sleeping, light snores escaping his mouth. He looks like a beautiful angel and emotions crash within me once again. I move over to him, my body feeling weak.

Damn, why was I not stronger?

I go to sit next to my mate, taking in his glorious scent. Hesitantly I let my fingers comb through his hair, feeling warmth seep through my body. I want to get closer. I need to get closer. Gulping I lean down, feeling the warmth coming from him. The gash on his neck is healing thought he still looks weakened because of all the other hits his body had taken.

My lips brush over his forehead and butterflies erupt in my stomach. My hand rests on his chest and I can feel his heartbeat. It's strong and steady.

It's good.

I lean away, inspecting his peaceful features. Damn, I have a beautiful mate. His skin is sun kissed and it's as if I should be jealous of the star for having been able to kiss him so many times to create colour so perfect. His hair looks soft and brushing my fingers through it, it's like touching silk. A sharp jaw line and a light stubble makes me want him awake. His lips are plump and images of him laughing, smirking, biting his lip makes heat grow in my stomach.

I look down at my hand, it still resting on his heart. His chest. His perfectly chiselled chest. My eyes betray me and they move lower. His muscles look gorgeous. Ready to eat off of. My hand brushes over the dents and the godlike image. My eyes fall onto the blanket and what it might be hiding. My mouth is drying and my cheeks are feeling slightly warm. Giving a light gulp I glance over at his face.

And see those brown eyes.

Yip... I had been caught starring.

Nice going Lily. You pervert.

My cheeks feel like they are at a hundred degrees and I just want to evaporate at this stage now. Yet, a light smile starts playing on those perfect lips.

I bite my lip, looking down.

"No" his voice makes me look up at him again. His one eyebrow is lifted and it is obvious he knows what I'd been starring at.

Fluff

"How are you feeling?" I say, my voice squeaky.

"Better. You're here"

I can't help but smile but then his smirk widens and my current predicament is brought to light again.

"I'm wearing pants" he said, that smirk so, so smug.

"O, o okay" I said, my voice shaking.

Felix chuckles lightly before his hand rests on mine which is still on his stomach. His fingers wrap around my own and I can't help but smile once again.

"I missed you" he says lightly, inspecting our hands wrapped together.

"I've missed you too" I said, my eyes trained on his face.

His grip lightly tightens around my hand and he slowly pushes it off. I'm pulled closer to him and his other hand wraps around my waist.

"Lie with me please"

I only nod, my heart thumping. This is intimate. This is beautiful.

I go lie down next to him, feeling his face snuggling into my neck. I slowly closing my eyes and for the first time in a long time I feel peaceful.

_________________________________________

Okay so an explanation is probably needed: Lily's mate-thingy is coming through and thus she's a lot more open to... you know. So there boom diggity