Chapter 37 Bad

"What are you doing here Lily?" he asked, placing his champagne glass on the piano. He looked good, really good. With a black suit, perfectly tailored to his body and a slightly unshaved face, it was a miracle I wasn't drooling.

Get a hold of yourself Lily. My goodness... Your mate is in the other room.

"I um... I wanted to come see you" I said, looking down at the skirt of my dress. I was starting to regret the colour. And the ribbon. And my goodness, the tutu-effect made me look like a four year old playing dress up.

How was I going to have a mature conversation with this guy dressed like this!?

"Lily" he sighed, "Go back to your mate"

"But"

"Back to your mate" he instructed, making me bite my lip. He sounded harsh.

"I... I just..."

"Just what Lily? Want to apologize? Want to fix things? Some closure before running off into the sunset?"

"Cha-"

"Lily- understand I don't want you here!? Do you know what you did?" he snapped, making me flinch.

"I – I'm sorry"

"Lily – you destroy everyone you meet" he growled, picking up his glass and moved past me. I stayed here standing, the words sinking in. Damn, that hurt. In my head my wolf let out a whimper and I felt like doing the same. I could feel my chin wobbling and tears flooded my eyes.

No! No Lily. Suck in those stupid tears you lame ass piece of destroyer. The door creaked open behind me and heat tingled up my skin.

"Squirrel?"

I bit my lip, not wanting to let Felix see me like this. Forcing a smile on my face I turned around. Please look believable.

"Where'd you disappear to?"

"Sorry, the power thingy was bit overwhelming" I said, walking towards him.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked, looking at me with concern. O goodness, this boy was so perfect. Why am I such an asshole?

"Fine" I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek. I wrapped my hand into his, leading him out to the party. A waiter passed with champagne flutes and I immediately grabbed two. I handed one to my mate, putting my own to my lips.

The content of the glass disappeared down my throat quicker than I had thought. I looked over my mate, feeling my cheeks heating up. He gave me a surprised smile before shaking his head before doing the same with his own.

We headed to the dance floor, him pulling me into his arms. We continued to dance, my eyes on him. I had to only think of him. He was my mate.

Yet, in the end my eyes did warner. They fell on Chase. Him talking to the alpha. They were casually laughing, the alpha patting Chase on the back. My wolf whimpered in my head again and my thoughts started to wonder to forbidden thoughts.

"Here"

My attention fell back onto Felix. He was holding another glass of champagne in front of me, giving me a light smile. I smiled back, taking it.

"Thank you"

�8