Chapter 18 Finding

I left the room, rushing up the stairs after Felix. All I felt was regret and anger at myself. Way to go Lily... what the hell was wrong with me!? I stumbled a step, grabbing hold of the top step so I didn't fall down. It scraped my hands but at the moment I didn't care much. I stumbled back up, finally making it to the top. Throwing the trap door open, I scampered up and looked around.

Where the hell was he? I felt tears dwell in my eyes thought I tried to keep them at bay. I had to explain, had to fix things.

But was I going to be able to? How was I going to? I ruined this. I was selfish. Definitely very selfish. Here were these two guys. One I led to be hung up and the other one was my mate. How could I just... it's cruel.

I left the room, looking around the living room before rushing up those slippery stupid glass steps.

I was at the final step when I stumbled once again. No, no screaming! I stumbled down about four steps before looking up at the floor I was actually intended to go to. What I came across was Nike sneakers. Dirty but expensive Nike sneakers. I forced my gaze up and saw a very angry mate looking down at me.

I quickly stood up right, biting my lip.

"Can you answer me truthfully?"

I nodded, taking a step toward him but he took one back, "Stay there"

"Felix..."

"Lily – why did you go down there?"

'I...I..."

"Just tell me" he snapped.

"I... um... I was worried"

"Why!? He kidnapped you and tried to kill you! Why would you be wo-"

"He didn't try to kill me" I gulped, the guy growling. He took the steps towards me and then took hold of my wrist, "How do you know that?"

"He – he told me" I mumbled. His grip tightened, "And you believe him?"

I didn't respond, looking down. I placed a strand of hair behind my ear, trying to calm my nerves.

"I knew he wasn't going to hurt me" I gulped.

"Why?" I stared at him, trying to construct words but there was nothing.

He starred at me, his eyes flickering to see if they might find the answer.

"What happened when you were kidnapped?"

"No-nothing" I stumbled over the words and I saw my mate frowning. The grip tightened once again on my arm and I swear I was going to lose circulation.

"What happened when you were kidnapped – tell me" control coursed through my veins and I gritted my teeth, the tears finally escaping my eyes.

"We had... we had moments"

"What moments?"

"I was in heat Felix" I said, my voice shaking.

His eyes widened and his hand left my arm. He stumbled up the stairs, not giving me a second glance.

XXX

I locked my door, trying to breath normally again. My dad had told me about heat when I was younger even though it almost never happened. Yet, here was MY mate and her stupid kidnapper and she was in heat.

What if she had mated with him!?

A low growl came in my mind and I took a deep breath, needing the peace and quiet.

Yeah... that didn't last too long.

Banging erupted in my ear, seeming like drums pounding next to me. I leaned away from the door, not wanting to smell that intoxicating smell that wafted through the door.

"Felix?" her voice was shaking and the light raps on my door made my heart ache.

"Go away" I grumbled, not wanting to forgive her just yet.

"Please?" the rapping became louder and her voice became even more wobbly, "Felix please"

She was quiet for a moment, the knocking easing before starting once again, "Felix, can I please just... please"

I groaned, throwing the door open. Tears streaked down her face and her chin was wobbling.

"What!? What can you possibly say to me that will make this shit okay!?" Her mouth slightly opened, she wanting to say something yet her eyes went blank.

"Thought so" I started to close the door again, but a shaky hand stopping it from going.

"You're my mate Fe-Felix. Please" she said, her voice weakened by hurt and guilt.

"How far did you guys go?"

Her eyebrows knitted together and she bit her lip.

"Did you mate with him?"

She quickly shook her head, "Not even close to that"

"What moment did you share?" I said, folding my arms.

She looked down on the floor, her cheeks heating up. I let out a low growl, slamming the door closed and feeling my heart slowly breaking.