Chapter 38 Drunken nights

3 hours later

She's giggling uncontrollably, her movements clumsier than usual.

"Lily, are you okay?" I asked as I put the glass down on the table. Damn, I've been lugging this thing around for the whole evening. She has definitely not been lugging one glass around. She and her... mate are both sitting on the ground, giggling along with one another. His fiddling with her fingers, inspecting them as if he's never seen fingers before.

Idiot...

She looks up at me and then for a second the giggling subsides before the bubbly noise erupts once again. Her mate has stopped laughing however and is glaring at me. I swear if he could stand I'd be punched.

"She's fine" he slurred, wrapping his hand around hers. Lily rests her head on his shoulder, her laughing calm down.

"Okay, rephrase – how much did she get to drink?"

"He wouldn't let me drink that much Chase – he's a meanie" Lily giggled, nestling her head into the guy's shoulder.

I lifted my eyebrow, folding my arms. Turning towards her mate, he lets out a sigh.

"She had like three glasses – she's fine" he said and then let out a burst of laughter when Lily started to tickle him. He started tickling her back, she going to lie on the ground and trying to push him away, her legs kicking at nothing.

"Stop!" she laughed, her eyes brightened.

The next words almost makes me want to kill the guy.

"Only for a kiss"

Yip, they've completely forgotten about me. She lifts up an eyebrow before lifting her upper body up. This is what I get. I deserve this. Karma is a bitch.

He leans in and I turn my head away, not needing to see this. After what feels like forever, Lily speaks up again but her voice is in a whisper, "There, now stop"

I turn towards them, my heart aching. Her face is red, her eyes widened. His starring at her, looking deep into her eyes, capturing her in. Both their mouths are slightly parted and his hand is still rested on her cheek.

I coughed, trying to get their attention once again. Lily turns towards me, biting her lip.

"Sorry" she mumbled, putting a lose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Don't apologise, he's your mate"

"And don't forget that" the guy growled, slowly rising. His movements were still overly clumsy and I did not know how he was going to get his girlfriend up from the ground as well.

"What's your problem with me huh?" I asked, getting sick of him, "Your mate is the one who always comes to me"

Behind him, Lily let out a whimper, clearly upset over my words. Her mate tried to stand up, but almost immediately fell back down.

"You okay?" Lily asked, her hands wrapping around his bicep.

He nodded, leaning in for another kiss. She kissed him back, they clearly keep forgetting about me. I sighed, moving to go back inside. Once I'm away from the drunken idiots I saw Matt ushering me towards him. He was standing by the stairs and it seemed like he was preparing to make a speech. O goodness...

I walked towards him, giving him a light smile. He clinked his glass and immediately all eyes were on my alpha.

"Good evening all, thank you for joining us on such a celebration" his voice was loud, echoing through the room like any alpha's should, "Today we mark the reinstating of one of my best comrades this pack has ever seen..."

The speech was long and quite spectacular, if not embarrassing as well. Thank you couch-story... once Matt finished he turns towards me, letting me bend down in front of him. He speaks those words I had longed for, for so long and then, then the power comes flooding back into me. It feels magnetic, it feels glorious. I force my eyes open and see everything as my wolf would and I don't mind.

Damn... if this isn't amazing...

XXX

At around 2 o clock, the last guest depart the house and I feel as if I just want to go to bed. Yet, I can't. I'm drawn to the back porch for some reason and as I make my way there, I can feel heat coursing through my veins.

This girl really just needs to flipping get mated and stop being in heat. I opened the door, expecting the two to still be going at it or talking and laughing but instead I find them both completely passed out. He has wrapped his arms around her frame and her head is resting on his shoulder blade.

Dammit...

So much for the last guests having left. Or me, being able to go to bed.

I move over to them, lightly shaking Lily. Her eyes open dazedly as she captures me in. They darken but all that's written is confusion.

"Come on" I instruct, "Wake up your mate. You guys can sleep in your old room"

"What?" she breathed, making me roll my eyes.

"Sleep Lily. Not outside where you guys will catch a cold" I say, taking hold of her arm lightly. I help her up, she stumbling a bit and still a bit drunk. She falls onto the wall before slipping down again. O goodness this girl...

"Sorry" she said, her eyes brimming tears. Overemotional. Dammit... I have an overemotional in-heat girl to take care of and her bad-tempered mate.

Speaking of which...

"It's fine" I said, moving over to him. I shake him awake, his eyes going wide and a growl coming from his throat.

"Calm down and come on. You guys can sleep here tonight" I said, hearing how the growling stopped.

"Why?"

"I'm not going to let two drunken idiots with a car go anywhere into my pack"

He nodded, "Thank you" I widened my eyes, not expecting any type of gratitude from the guy. He stood up, a lot less uncoordinated than his mate. Dammit... how much did she actually drink? It was clearly not just three.

He moved over to help her up, she leaning on him heavily.