Chapter 5 - Hogsmade

~Lily POV~

I was dressed in a plain outfit: A pair of dark blue jeans, a green sweater, black flats, and my hair was down and slightly curled. Today I will be going to Hogsmade with James Potter. Wow. I never thought I would ever think that.

"Lily, are you ready?" Alice calls up the staircase.

"Yeah. Coming." I walk down the stairs and see Alice standing behind Marlene, who was sitting at my desk, looking through a charms textbook.

"What're you looking at?" I ask.

"Nothing, just finishing up a bit of homework." Marlene said, not looking up from the textbook and parchment in front of her. Then, I heard big heavy footsteps come down the stairs, and James appeared, grinning.

"Hey, Lily." He says, still grinning.

"Hi, James."

"Are you ready?"

"Yup. Marlene is just finishing up a bit of homework-"

"No, you two go ahead. And, Alice, you can go, I'm just going to wait for Sirius." She said, pointing to James's staircase to his room.

"How did you know he was up there?" James asks, bewildered.

"I saw him come in earlier. He just didn't see me," James just nodded, and then the three of us left the room. Frank was waiting for Alice outside our common room, and both of their faces lit up when they saw each other. Remus was waiting with Frank too, but Peter was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey guys." Franks and Remus said, Frank smiling as he wrapped his arm around Alice's shoulders.

"Hello. How're you two?" James asked.

"I'm fine. My 'furry little problem' is in a couple weeks." Remus said. James nodded and turned to Frank. What's 'furry little problem' mean?

"Doing good. The dormitory feels weird without you. Sirius is always whining about how he misses his 'Prongsie'," James chuckled, and nodded. "And how are you?"

"Good. I'm happy that I'm spending more time with my Lily-Flower." James said, smirking.

"Don't call me that." I said. They all just shook their heads, smiling.

• • •

We went into The Three Broomsticks first, to get some Butterbeer. Me and James went up to the bar, and a lady, a few years older than us by the looks of it.

"What'll it be, dears?" She said.

"Four Butterbeers, please." I said, looking in my bag for some knuts and sickles.

"Six sickles and two knuts."

"I'll pay," James said.

"No, its fine, I can." I said, handing over the sickles and knuts. James just pushed my hand back, and gave the lady the money.

"James . . ."

"It's fine! I have more money than I need." The lady gave us the Butterbeers, and we walked back over towards Alice and Frank.

"When do you think Marlene and Sirius will come?" I asked James, taking a sip of Butterbeer.

"I dunno. They could be snogging somewhere." James responded. I smiled at the thought.

"So . . . are you two together?" Frank asked.

"No, we're not . . . dating." I said, blushing a bright red. James just smirked.

"Not yet." Alice muttered to Frank. I blushed even more red, but I don't think James had heard, thank god. He just ran his hand through his hair.

~James POV~

"No, we're not . . . dating." Lily said, blushing. I smirked. Then, Alice said quietly, "Not yet." to Frank. I could tell Lily had heard this, too. She blushed deeply, and glanced over at me, so I distracted myself with running my hand through my hair.

Then, Sirius and Marlene walked in, their faces slightly pink for the cold wind outside. Marlene walked over to an open table for two, not seeing me, Lily, Remus, Alice and Frank. When Sirius sat across from Marlene, they each toke sips of Butterbeer, holding each others hands and looking deeply into each others eyes, smiling.

"Those two lovebirds. Their inseparable," Lily muttered to me. I laughed, and said, "They are sweethearts," We both laughed and giggled, Alice, Frank and Remus smiling, looking from me to James, and back again.

"What?" We both said, noticing them.

"Oh, nothing, darlings." Alice said in a sweet girly voice.

After we all finished our Butterbeers, we went into Zonko's Joke Shop, the Hogsmade Post Office, and we also went to the Shrieking Shack, which Lily, Alice and Frank thought was haunted, but me and Remus knew that it wasn't haunted.

Then, we went into Honeydukes. There was so many kids in there, smiling and laughing, all their faces pink. Lily, Remus and I walked over to the chocolate, and Alice and Frank went off in the other direction, hand in hand.

"Oh, I love Chocolate Frogs!" Lily sighed, taking five Chocolate Frogs from the small container holding them all.

"Woah, like sugar much?" I asked.

"Oh, don't judge."

"I would never." Lily went up to the front desk, looking in her purse for some money.

"Five knuts." The clerk said. I handed him the knuts.

"James, stop paying for my things! I can pay on my own-"

"Lily, I'm trying to be a gentleman, let me," I said, cutting her off. Lily frowned. "Come on, Lils, just let me do this."

"Fine. But I get to pay for something that you want! This is the deal!"

"Maybe, maybe not," I smirked.

"James-!" Lily tried.

"Lils, you might as well just drop it. He's not going to let you pay for anything," Remus said, paying for his own Chocolate Frogs.

"But, Remus-"

"Lils, there's nothing I can do about it," Remus said. I rolled my eyes. After Alice and Frank paid for their own candies, we left to go back up to the castle. It was already six o'clock. We went to dinner, talking and laughing about what we all did that day. Frank, Remus, Sirius, Marlene and Alice left for the Gryffindor Common Room, me and Lily went towards our own Common Room.

"Anaticula," Lily said, the portrait opening for us. "I was fun today." She said, smiling.

"Me too. I was happy I asked you, and I was very happy that you said yes," I said.

"Well, I wouldn't have missed it," She looked around, and her eyes grew big. "Oh no! I forgot to do my homework for Professor Binns!" She said, franticly looking through her bag, and pulling out parchment, a quill, some ink, and Hogwarts: A History.

"We have all day tomorrow to do it!" I said.

"But if I don't finish it tomorrow, I might get detention, or lose house points, or-"

"Don't worry yourself! If you want to finish, sure, but I'm just saying, that we have an entire day tomorrow to do it." She nodded.

"Okay then. But, its not too late, so I'm just going to read, I guess." She said. I nodded.

"Okay. Goodnight, Lily-Flower." She scowled, but said, "Goodnight, James." I smirked, and went up to my room.

• • •

Sincerely,

DragonLea