Chapter 14 - The Quidditch Cup

(time lapse to the day of the Quidditch Cup)

~James POV~

"James, are you okay?" Lily asked. She looked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm alright," I said apprehensively. I looked down at my plate of untouched food, and then back up again at Lily. She didn't look convinced, but thankfully, she didn't ask me about it again.

Sirius shakes my shoulder. "Don't you worry, Jamesie. Gryffindor's gonna win," He says, grinning. Then, there's a tap on my shoulder. I look around to see two seventh year Hufflepuffs standing behind me. Their names are Hannah and Aubree, I think. I remember Sirius once saying that he had snogged one of them a few years back.

"G-Good luck today, James," Hannah says.

"Yeah, good luck today," Aubree says. Then, unexpectedly, Hannah leans down and kisses me on the cheek. Her face grows bright red, and then they both hurry away, giving me a small wave and giggling.

When I turn back, Sirius looks annoyed. But even more, Lily looks angry. Her face is red, and she glares off in the direction of the two Hufflepuff girls, gritting her teeth.

"I'm going to go - um . . . get my lucky Gryffindor scarf." She says. She gets up and stalks off, still glaring towards the Hufflepuff table.

"Guess who's jealous?"

"Padfoot, what are you talking about?"

"Lily's jealous, you saw how she reacted to that Hufflepuff kissing you!"

"I don't know what she was so mad about," I said truthfully. Sirius rolls his eyes.

• • •

~Lily POV~

The whistle blows, beginning the game. Out on the field, Madam Hooch walks off. I look up, and see a mix of green and silver robes and red and golden robes. Alice, who sits next to me, screams.

"Go Gryffindor!" She screams.

"Come on, James!" Marlene screams. Marlene holds one side of a poster, Alice holding the other side. On the poster, it says 'Go Gryffindor!'. Marlene and Alice have always been very enthusiastic about Quidditch. I like it, but I don't get as excited about it.

The Quaffle is thrown up into the air, the snitch and the bludgers are released. Last year, James played as the seeker, but this year, he's back at being the Chaser. The commentator, Hellen Spring, a fifth year Ravenclaw, speaks.

"The Quaffle is from Black, now Sparks, back to Black, to Midst, to - oh, Midst drops it! And, Potter catches it! Now from Potter, to Quin, to Varcy, back to Potter, and - oh, Potter takes a hit from the bludger!"

The bludger slams into James, and the Quaffle falls from his arms. He nearly falls from his broom. My hand jumps to my mouth, and a terrible sound of fear escapes my mouth.

"Is he okay?!" I yell over the screams from the crowd.

"He's alright, don't worry!" Sirius yells back. Just after Sirius says that, James is flying towards Regulas Black, Sirius's brother, who is now in possession of the Quaffle.

"From Black, to Midst, to Sparks, back to Black - and he makes a goal," The Slytherins jump up and down, pumping their fists in the air and whooping. The rest all boo.

"Now from Quin, to Varcy, back to Quin, to Potter, to Varcy - and he makes a goal!" I jump up and clap, grinning.

"Now, it's ten to ten. It's in the hands of Black, now Sparks, back to Black, to Midst, to Sparks, he tries - and he misses, saved by Jackson!" The Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs and the Ravenclaws all cheer, while the Slytherins boo. I goes on like this until its 70 to 60. The Slytherins are in the lead. Then, the Gryffindor seeker, Lynn Rich dives suddenly.

"I think Rich see's the snitch!" Hellen yells, but even though I can tell she's trying to speak as loud as she can through the mic, it still is hard to hear through all the yells and screams. Then, the Slytherin seeker, Mark Jamison, is right behind her.

She reaches her hand towards the snitch. Now, I can see a small speck of gold sparkling in the sunlight. Then, the golden is gone, and Lynn Rich is pumping her fist in her air, beaming. I look around for where James is, and I can see that he's speeding towards the ground, along with the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch players. When they land, they all gather together and hug, grinning and jumping up and down, screaming.

The next thing I know, is that all the Gryffindors are running down from the stands, onto the field to embrace the team. I find myself planted right in front of James, beaming and all trying to talk to him.

"James, you did it! Gryffindor won! I knew you could do it!" I couldn't hear what James said, back, but I'm sure that he didn't hear me either. Then I took the neck of his golden and scarlet robes, and pulled him down so our lips met.

I kissed him hard on the mouth, and after a second, he kissed me back, pulling me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and when we pulled away, we were both grinning. I didn't notice that everyone was watching. I didn't notice Sirius acting like he had fainted. I didn't notice Alice and Marlene's mouths drop to the floor. I only notice him. James.

• • •

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Okay, I was fangirling so hard as I wrote this chapter! Okay, how did you like it?! Was that a good first kiss? Please vote and comment!

Sincerely,

Paris_Potterhead