Chapter 30 - Tied up, part 3

~Lily POV~

"Remus, do you think that they're alright?" I asked Remus for the hundredth time and we searched the dark corridors for an exit.

"Lily, I'm sure their completely fine," Remus replies. Though he looked a little weary, he smiled reassuringly. We kept walking down the corridors in silence.

"Remus, what if we die? What if we're dead already and just walking around as ghosts and haven't noticed it yet, like Professor Binns woke up and didn't know he was dead? I'm not very sure he even knows he's actually dead now —!"

"Lily, your rambling and asking if we're okay, is not making me, or you feel better!" Remus said. Then I burst into tears, falling to the floor, crouched.

"Lily, I'm not going to tell you anymore that we'll be okay —," Remus said, sitting down next to me and putting an arm around my shoulders. "We could die here, but I'd rather die knowing I was trying to get out of here, rather than be worrying about it."

"I'm sorry Remus," I whimpered. "I'm just so . . . so afraid. And not just now, what if we don't survive the war? I'm 17, I'll be 18 next month, what if I never make it to 18? What if I never have children, or get married?"

"Lily you can't — you can't think about that now. I need you to be strong. And I know you will be. Okay?"

"Oh — Okay. Can I have a minute?"

"Of course. Whatever you need." We sat there for another minute, and then I slowly stood up, wiping the tears from my face, and nodding to Remus.

And we kept on walking.

• • •

"My feet are aching," I muttered.

"Mine too. Break?" Remus replied. I nodded, and we sat down on the floor. We had been walking for nearly three hours since we split up from James and Sirius.

"Oh, before this, we had been shut up in that house, playing Wizard's Chess for hours on end. Now, I wish I could play Wizard's Chess."

"I wish I had a book."

"Ooh, which book? I wish I could have . . . Hogwarts: A History."

"I'd like a good Muggle book. You know, like an actual, genuine good Muggle book."

"Oh, what about To Kill a Mockingbird?"

"Yeah, one of those books."

"You know, and can't talk to James or Sirius, or Alice, or Marlene, or Dorcas about this stuff. But I miss talking to you about it, Remus." I smiled.

"Yeah, James and Sirius just call me a nerd. But they know I take it as a compliment."

"Yeah."

"Well, should we keep on walking?"

"Yeah, I suppose we should," I said. "I wonder where James and Sirius are?"

"Dunno. Probably walking around like us. I'm sort of surprised that we haven't run into them." We kept on walking in a comfortable silence.

"He loves you, you know." Remus said suddenly about half an hour later.

"What? Yeah, I know he likes me, he had been asking me out constantly since first year —"

"No, I mean, really loves you. You should hear him rave about it when you're not around." I accepted this with silence. I had loved James since I realized it in the middle of my seventh year, but I had never told him. Now, we could die here without ever speaking again, and I'd never be able to tell him that.

But somewhere, I knew that we would meet again. We would be okay. That one of us would find an exit and be able to send help, and we'd be safe again. And I'd play Wizard's Chess again with Sirius, even if, surprisingly, he always won.

"What ever happened to James' Invisibility Cloak?" I asked Remus. He stared at me, with a shocked expression.

"You know about the Cloak?"

"Of course I do! I found it on the couch in our common room once, I found it and was pretty surprised, but never mentioned it."

"Well, Dumbledore asked James to keep it for a bit when he left Hogwarts." Remus said, still looking stunned.

"Really? What would Dumbledore want with an Invisibility Cloak?" Remus shrugged.

"No idea." We kept on walking down the halls, but there was no light at the end of each hallway. Just more darkness.

"Remus, will there ever be and end to this? I'm tired,"

"There has to be an end. There just has to be." We took another break, and after a couple of minutes, started up again.

"Oh my, God, Lily, we should use the four point spell!" Remus said.

"Point me!" I shouted, eager to see which way we were going, thinking of how dumb we had been to not try it before. The wand pointed to the right, right into the wall.

"Next time we get to a split, we go right." This time when we started walking, it was almost running, because we had almost gotten to the split. When her had finally gotten there, I sighed, telling, "Point me!" again. And I grinned when my wand pointed right again. But just before we turned right again —

A jet of red light flew past me, and I jumped, turning round and casting a shield charm. Another two stunning charms hit the invisible shield, until I realized who it was that had sent the stunning charms.

Severus Snape.

He looked frightened, and threw his wand on the ground, his hands in the air. I stormed forward, Remus at my heels.

"Snape! What are you doing here?" I shouted, picking his wand up from the ground and passing it to Remus.

"Lily! What are you doing here! And don't shout!" Snape whisper-shouted.

"What? What are you going on about?"

"Lily, we have to go," Remus said behind me, pulling me back with a light hand on my shoulder.

"No, Remus. I need to talk to my old friend —!"

"Lily, we need to go!" Remus yelled. I turned around, I saw people running down the other hallway.

"Run!" I screamed. We dashed down the hall, leaving Severus standing there, watching us run away.

"We won't be able to put run them! We'll have to stun them or something!" I shouted to Remus. I glanced back for a second, and saw the two Deatheaters had turned the corner, and we sending spells to our retreating backs.

• • •

Okay, so, this will probably lead on into, like 4-5 parts, now that I have so many different ideas for it. Thank you for voting and commenting, and please keep voting if you liked it!!

Sincerely,
4WeasleyIsOurKing