Chapter 15 - After the Gryffindor After-Party

~James POV~

"I kissed Lily Evans," I sighed as I jumped on my bed, grinning like an idiot.

"No Prongs, that didn't happen," A sort-of drunk Sirius said, jumping on top of the small chair next to my desk.

"What? Yes I did! Wait, oh no, was that all a dream? A hallucination? A -"

"Prongs, Evans kissed you, you didn't kiss her. So now, in a few years when you and Evans get married and have four small children -"

"Four?!"

"Four small children, and they will ask who kissed who first, you can tell them that Evans kissed you first," He finished, acting as if I hadn't even said anything.

"Four?!" I repeated.

"Well, you'll need at least four for a game of Quidditch, five or six at the most -"

"Padfoot, maybe she likes me, but she'll never marry me, let alone have four children - "

"See, Prongs, you need to believe that it'll happen, and when it does, you can thank me with me twenty Galleons," Sirius said.

"I'm not going to do that."

"You should! Then I can buy them they fastest broomstick's money can buy! And he'll or she'll go play for the best Quidditch team ever, and you'll be so proud!" I was wrong. Sirius wasn't sort-of drunk, he was very drunk. Must've been from all that fire whiskey. I shake my head, smirking.

"Oh, where's Moony and Wormy?" Sirius said, jumping off the chair.

"They're they went to their dorm, as you should, too," I said, yawning.

"Oh, you just want to snog Evans,"

"No!"

"Yes you do! Admit it, Prongs, you want to snog Evans!"

"Padfoot, I've always wanted to snog Lily, who do you take me for? But now, I just don't want to mess it up," Sirius rolled his eyes. "You should go to bed." He nodded, giving me a knowing look, and then walked out the door, looking like he was very dizzy. From up in my room, I heard Sirius scream, which made me jump at first, and then shake my head.

"Evans!" Sirius bellowed.

"What, Sirius?" Lily said tiredly.

"Hi."

"Hi," She said, suspicious. "Um . . . okay then . . . um, where's James?" I scrambled into my bathroom, and looked myself over. My hair was as messy as it always was. I looked into the corner of the mirror, and saw a small box of mints. I shoved them into my mouth quickly, and tired to flatten my hair.

"Oh, Jamesie's just up in his room, daydreaming about -"

"Sirius!"

"Alright, alright then, I'll leave," I can hear the faint sound of the portrait being opened, and then closed. Then, the nearly silent footfalls of someone walking up my staircase. Lily then appears at the door, looking confused.

"He's very . . . drunk," I said. She shrugged, smiling slightly at me.

"So . . ." Lily said.

"So . . ."

"Can we not have it be so awkward between us?" She said. I sighed in relief.

"I thought you'd never ask," I sighed as I walked out of the bathroom and into the chair at my desk. She sat on the edge of my bed.

"That was what I was afraid of . . . you know, kissing you, and everything . . . that things between us would become different, and awkward, and that it would have just ruined our relationship."

"I know, I feel the same way,"

"I just want things to be . . . normal." I nod.

• • •

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long, but I've been working very hard on a draft that I'll release in a while, so I think that it might be a little while before the next chapter, but I will try to get it in ASAP. Thank you all for voting, and please keep doing it! It makes me feel proud when someone votes, so I very much appreciate it! Well, thank you all again! And please leave some feedback!

Sincerely,

Paris_Potterhead