Chapter 20 - The Order of The Phoenix

~James POV~

There was a small tap on my shoulder. I turned to see a short first year boy standing there, red in the face, his big blue eyes alert.

"Um - Mr. James Potter?" the boy asked. I nodded.

"Yeah," I said.

"Um - Professor Dumbledore would like to see you, along with -" the boy pulled out a sheet of parchment, which he read to me.

"Ms. Lily Evans, Mr. Sirius Black, Mr. Remus Lupin, Mr. Peter Pettigrew, Mr. Frank Longbottom, Ms. Alice Prewett, and Ms. Marlene McKinnon." I nodded, and the boy ran off down the table, and joined some other first years, looking relived. I looked back at Sirius, Remus, and Peter, who looked just as confused as I felt.

"What do you think Dumbledore want?" I asked. Peter and Sirius shrugged.

"Maybe he wants to offer us to join the Order of the Phoenix?" Remus suggested. I had heard of the Order of the Phoenix from my Mum and Dad, who had once talked about joining, but declined, because of how busy they were with work.

"I'd want to join," I said. Peter looked suddenly at his plate, somewhat happy.

"I - I have to go," Peter squeaked, and hurried off out of the Hall.

"I wonder what he was thinking of," Sirius said. "Seems suspicious."

"Come off it, Padfoot." Remus said.

"Moony, we've barely seen him all year. The most the four of us are ever together are for your furry little problem," Sirius said.

"Yeah, but you don't seriously think that Peter's gone off to be a Death Eater?"

"Anything can happen, Moony."

"C'mon, lets go and Lily, Alice, Marlene and Frank . . . and Peter if he doesn't show up." I said, changing the subject. Sirius looked darkly after to where Peter had disappeared, and nodded, and the three of us left the Great Hall.

We found the girls in my and Lily's common room. They were poured over some parchment, covered with tons of pictures of pink, red and blue dresses, with a fair amount of white dresses. There were lots of shoes, lots of pictures of different types of flowers, and lots of different styles of jewelry.

When they saw us come in, they scrambled to stuff it all in their bags, but I had already seen. Remembering back to the night of the party, I said, "Are you planning your wedding, Alice?" Alice's jaw dropped, and so did Lily and Marlene's.

"How - how did you know?" Alice stuttered.

"Frank told me at the party we had when you three had a sleepover."

"He did?" I nodded.

"But that's not what I came here to tell you. Dumbledore wants to see us. And Alice, do you know where Frank is?" Alice nodded.

"Yeah, I can go get him now." blushing brightly, she left the room hurriedly, shutting the portrait door lightly behind her.

"What does Professor Dumbledore want?" Lily asked.

"I dunno," I said, shrugging. Lily bit her lip, staring down at the ground.

"James recons it's about the Order of the Phoenix," Sirius said. Lily looked at us with a confused expression. Marlene looked excited.

"Ooh, I know what the Order of the Phoenix is! My Mum told me last summer that she had joined. I've wanted to join ever since!"

"What's the Order of the Phoenix about?" Lily asked curiously.

"It's a secret society, that fights you-know-who." I explained.

"Why don't you just call him by his real name?" Sirius asked. "Voldemort?" Marlene, Remus and Lily flinched, and I grimaced. Sirius rolled his eyes. "C'mon, guys - you can't seriously fear his name, I mean, c'mon?"

"Sirius, not everyone is a fearless maniac, alight?" Marlene said.

"Hey, I'm not a maniac!" Sirius said. Sirius and Marlene continued to bicker. I looked at Lily. She shook her head, rolling her eyes. I looked at Remus, and he was laughing.

"Why're you laughing, mate?" I asked, starting to laugh myself.

"They look like you two," Remus laughed.

"They do not!" I said.

"Yeah, they do!"

"How do they look like us?" Lily complained.

"They look exactly like you two for the past six years!" I shook my head, and Lily rolled her eyes. But I had to admit, Remus was right. It did look like us.

"Found him!" Alice said, walking into the common room, her right hand clasped with Frank's.

"Does anybody have any idea where Peter is?" I asked. They all either shook their heads or shrugged.

~Lily POV~

"It would be a pleasure to have you all join the Order," Dumbledore said. He had just explained to us what was the Order of the Phoenix. James had been right about what Dumbledore had wanted to talk to us about.

I could tell that everyone was all for it - Alice, Marlene, Frank, Sirius and James. And I knew I would do it, of course. I was happy, that when we left Hogwarts, we would have time to see each other.

I made a mental note to talk to him about it. I hoped that he wouldn't want to break up - I (and I will admit it) actually, kind of love him. It was complicated - everything was happening so fast, but I was happy to finally be with him.

I wish we had gotten together earlier. We would've gotten to know each other, be with each longer. If only I hadn't been so terrible to him.

"I'm all for it," James said, matter-of-factly. Everyone else nodded, muttering yes' along with him. Dumbledore turned to me expectantly.

"Please don't feel pressured into it - if you don't want to join, it will be alright." I nodded, pressing my lips together.

"Yes. I want to join." I said firmly. Dumbledore smiled, eyes twinkling.

"Well, I think that settles it. I would like you all to sign this piece of parchment. Just a record." James signed first, then Sirius, Frank and Alice, Marlene and finally me. I signed my usual loopy signature, and then we all left the office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I just want to say: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR VOTING. We've finally made it to 100 (119 to be exact) and I would like to acknowledge some people who have been voting so much. Votes mean SO MUCH to me. So here those people are (there are two people):

@lourainevillaceran

@moaglad

There are SO MANY MORE people who vote so much, and I'm so thankful for ALL the readers and voters and such, just wanted to acknowledge those two people. Thanks!

Sincerely,

4WeasleyIsOurKing