Chapter 17 - A Date in Hogsmeade

~James POV~

"Hey, there's a Hogsmeade trip next Saturday," Sirius said, pointing to a slip of parchment up on a board, telling us the dates of the Hogsmade trips. "You should ask Lily if she wants to go with you."

"Sure," I said.

"You should ask her now." I looked around and saw Lily sitting by Marlene and Alice, laughing at something one of them said.

"No, not now -"

"Yes now." Sirius grinned the same grin that he wore when he had a terrible idea.

"No, Sirius, don't -"

"Lily!" He yelled across the common room. The three girls looked at him expectantly.

"Jamesie here wants to ask you out to Hogsmeade!"

"Sirius, no -"

"Oh, Prongs, come on, she already likes you, stop your whining," Sirius whispered to me. I watched as Lily leaped up, smiling happily as she walked over.

"What?" she asked.

"Prongs wanted to ask you out to Hogsmeade,"

"Oh, I'd love to! When is the weekend?" she looked around and up at the board to see. While her back we turned, Sirius raised his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I'd love to go!" She said again as she turned back around to face them. "Well, I need to get back to my room to finish up my homework. If you don't come till late, night James." And to his disbelief and pleasure, Lily stood up on her tiptoes and kissed me on the cheek, blushing furiously as she quickly went back to Alice and Marlene to get her bag and say good bye, and then left the Gryffindor common room.

"I told you!" Sirius said in a sing-song voice. I rolled my eyes.

• • •

"Prongs!" I could hear Sirius yell from the common room.

"What?" I yelled back. I could then hear him run up the stairs, his feet pounding loudly on the steps. When he walked in and saw me, he immediately flopped onto my bed, howling with laughter. 

"What?" I asked.

"What - what's in your hair?" Sirius said between laughs.

"Could you just take - take them out?" while I was getting ready for the date with Lily, I tried to tame my untidy and messy hair - it didn't work. A few combs were left stuck in my hair. Sirius got up off of the bed, still laughing, and started to rip the combs from my head.

"James, are you ready -" then, of course, Lily walked in. Of course she had to walk in at that moment. Her eyes widened. "Um, I'm guessing you're not ready."

"Prongs has got combs stuck in his hair," Sirius laughed. Lily's hand jumped to her face, and I could tell, too, that she was trying hard to hold back her laughter.

"Alright, I can do it," she said, walking forward. Sirius stepped back, still laughing like mad. Lily stood up on tip toes, and gently pulled them out of my hair. "Now, why were you trying to comb your hair?"

"I was trying to make it look better," I muttered. She pulled the last of the combs out, stepping back and looking at me.

"James, to be honest, I love your messy hair," she admitted. "You're just not you with flat hair - though I don't think I've ever actually seen you with flat hair. Alright, come on, let's go to breakfast before we leave."

• • •

I looked over at James. His face was red from the cold wind, his hair flying all over the place, his scarlet and gold scarf flew around his head, but he was grinning. We were walking down to the Hogsmeade village. I looked back to see Sirius and Marlene walking, hand in hand, smiling at each other. I made a mental note to ask Marlene what was going on with them.

Next to them were Alice and Frank, talking and laughing. I made another note to ask Alice about her relationship with Frank. Remus and Peter were next to Alice and Frank, looking like a couple of third wheels.

We walked for a while until we reached Hogsmeade, and walked around, looking for somewhere to go.

"How about the Three Broomsticks?" James suggested. I nodded gratefully, happy to get out of the cold wind. "I'll get the Butterbeers."

"Okay," I said, walking around, looking for somewhere to sit. I found a two person table, and sat down, taking of my scarf, hat and jacket. James walked over a minute later, handing me a Butterbeer. "Thanks." We sat there a couple minutes in awkward silence.

"This is so awkward," James says. I sigh.

"It is. I'm so glad you said that. I don't know what to do, I haven't been on a date since the beginning of sixth year." I admitted.

"Me too." Then, out of nowhere, we both just started laughing. I don't know why we were laughing, but we couldn't. People at neighboring tables started to look at us, but I didn't care. We laughed for about a minute straight, until tears grew in my eyes, and my stomach hurt painfully.

"Okay, okay, okay," I said, trying to stop laughing. I sighed. we stopped laughing, smiling at each other. "So . . . um - what's your favorite color?"

"Probably green," he said, nodding. "What's yours?"

"Orange,"

"What's your favorite candy from Honeydukes?"

"Um . . . that's a hard one . . . sugar quills or ice mice. What's yours?"

"Chocolate frogs," he said. We went back and forth like this for about half an hour. After that, we left and walked over to Honeydukes, then to the Hogsmeade Post Office, to the Shrieking Shack - which James wasn't all too impressed by it, which you would think he would, but whatever - Zonko's joke shop, and then back up the castle for dinner.

• • •

Hey guys! Sorry, this chapter kinda sucks, and I haven't updated in a while, but I'm very grateful for all the people who are voting and commenting! It means TONS when someone votes, and I'm always very happy when they do! Ok, for the next chapter, I'm going to have quite a big time lapse for the point now in the story to the week of NEWTS. Thanks again,

Sincerely,
4WeasleyIsOurKing