twenty four.

[ CHAPTER 24 ]

Zach's POV

"In one of my last foster houses my foster father was abusing me. He wouldn't let up. He came home drunk and didn't like that the dinner I had made hours before was cold. So he started hitting me. I got away for a second and the only thing I could do to get him to focus on something else was to destroy his things. He stopped hitting me and focused on the things I was breaking. He then called the cops. When they showed up I tried to tell them that he was beating me and that's why I was breaking everything. But no one believes the foster girl over the saint who would take in a homeless kid. So I went to juvie for the first time." Tessa says trying not to cry.

Holy shit.

This girl is crazy. She's been to juvie.

I know that I can't judge her for it but still. I mean, it's juvie. She had to. It was the only way her foster father would stop. But that's crazy. She's crazy. Where'd I find her?

Wait. She found me, technically.

But that's still crazy news. I keep saying crazy but who can blame me? It's crazy.

Tessa has been to juvie, she's been in and out of houses numerous times. She doesn't really have a family. We can't blame her for winding up in juvie. But this is crazy.

She's amazing. She has been through so much but she is still going strong. She hasn't let anything get her down. It's so impressive. I almost look up to her. Technically down because she's very short but still, I respect her. That's crazy.

Wow.

I look around and notice that no one has said anything for a little while.

I want to say something so that she doesn't feel awkward but I don't know what to say. I can't even think about what to say to comfort her. I know this can't be easy for her.

"Okay, yeah so if someone could tell me where me skateboard is, that'd be cool." She says, awkwardly standing in the middle of the room looking around.

"No, you aren't leaving Tessa. It's late. You can stay the night. You certainly aren't skating home, if you really want to leave then I'll drive you." Jack says putting his hand on her shoulder.

This time she doesn't pull away, instead she walks into his arms and gives him a hug. He immediately hugs her back. He whispers something in her ear and she nods.

They go upstairs to, I'm assuming Jacks room.

"Woah." I say turning towards the boys.

They nod.

"Bro!" Daniel jumps, "if you want to prove to her that you're there for her and you want to be with her.. go check on her!!!"

"I don't want to overwhelm her." I say kinda panicking.

"Go!" They all shout.

I nod, "okay okay."

I get up and start up the stairs.

...

Tessa's POV

Jack puts his hand on my shoulder, comforting me.

I walk into his arms and hug him. I can't stand them all just staring at me. And I definitely can't cry in front of them and I feel some tears coming on.

He hugs me back, "wanna go upstairs?" He whispers into my hair.

I nod and then he guides me upstairs to his room, I'm assuming.

I sit on his bed and take a couple of big deep breaths.

He sits in front of me, "you okay?"

I nod, "yeah yeah I'm good. Just not my favorite topic and not my favorite home that I've been in."

"I completely understand, I'm sorry for grilling you but it's just-"

"It's just something terrible. Something big that you would need to know. You need to know if you're letting a criminal into your house."

"You aren't a criminal. I know- we know that. We are just worried about you. We don't want you to be in danger, Tessa. We love and care about you." He says giving me a little hug and rubbing my back.

"I know I know but I barely even know you guys."

"Which is why it's good that you're telling us things that are personal to you, it lets us know that you want to let to get to know us and that be can become great friends." He nods, still rubbing my back.

I nod, "yeah. You're right it'll make us closer."

"Yes, exactly. We'll be closer and you'll trust us, or at least me, more. Which would be great!" He smiles with enthusiasm.

I give him a soft smile before there's a knock at the door.

We both look to the door.

It opens a little bit and Zach pops his head in, "hey are you okay?" He asks me.

"Yeah yeah. You can come in." I say, "if you want." I quickly add.

He nods and comes in more. Jack stands up, "I'll leave you guys alone, just text me or come downstairs if you need me." He says giving my knee a squeeze before leaving.

...

don't forget to vote&comment !!!!!!

thanks for reading !!

also....@paytonelizabethwood5 is so nice and beautiful !!! go check out her account !

love you all

-av