forty two.

HEYYYY!! PLEASE READ THIS!

 So I'm starting a new book! It's a Jack fanfic!! Anyways I'm writing a bunch of chapters before I actually start publishing it. But it'll be coming soon so stay on the lookout for that!! I'll tell you guys when the first chapter is up!

Enjoy this chapter :)

[ CHAPTER 42 ]

Tessa's POV

Today's the day. 

Today's the fucking day. 

I wake up in Zach's bed in his arms. 

I stretch and accidentally hit Zach in the face.  

"Ow fuck."

I laugh, "sorry babe."

"Good morning, princess." He smiles down at me.

"Morning baby." I say and peck his lips. "Today's the day." 

"You nervous?" 

"Yeah a little bit." I admit.

"Aww my wittle baby's nervous" he says to me like I'm a baby. 

I roll my eyes, "shutup Zachary."

"Which dad are you more nervous for?"

I laugh, "that sounds so weird. But I don't really know. I didn't think about it. I'm pretty nervous for both. Probably more nervous for my birth father because I've never met him."

He nods, "that makes sense. But you'll be okay. Don't worry about it."

"Thanks Zachary." I smile.

We get up and out of bed. 

I get ready for the day and say goodbye to the boys and get in the car to go see my 'father.' 

I walk into the jail and people are looking at me like I have four heads. Why would a little girl like this be in this jail? I wish I wasn't.

I walk up to the front desk, "uh hi. I'm Tessa Jacobs and I'm here to see my father Oscar Jacobs." 

The guard makes me sign in, asks for my ID and then pats me down.

They have to make sure I have no kind of weapons or shit so that the prisoners can't attack anyone, cool.

I have to give them my keys and phone and all my other personal stuff. 

After I'm in the clear the guard takes me back to where I'll see my father. 

I sit at the table for a few minutes before the guard brings out my dad. 

"Hey," I say awkwardly. This is the first time I've seen my dad since he got taken away to jail.

"Oh my god Tess hi! This is crazy. Wow you've gotten so big!" He laughs.

I awkwardly laugh, "yeah I mean it's been like nine years."

"So what's up? What brings you here?" 

"I know you aren't my real father."

He immediately gets silent.

"Why'd you lie to me for so long? Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. 

"Your mother didn't want me to. When I met her you were only a year old and your birth father wasn't around. We fell in love and got married. I just naturally became your father without question although I was technically your step father. Your mom didn't know how to tell you that your dad left her so she just decided not to and decided to say that I'm your father. When she passed away I was thinking about telling you but I didn't want to go against her decision. I'm so sorry but I am your father. I raised you and I was there for you." He explains.

"You were? You were there for me? Were you there for me when my mother died? Or were you driving drunk and killing more people? Hmm? Why weren't you there for me then? You were only there for me when mom was alive. But right when mom died our relationship died with her," I say trying not to cry. 

"Tess, don't be like this."

"Goodbye Oscar." I say and get up and walk back to the front where I get all my things back and drive back to Zach's.

I lay down on Zach's bed and stare at the ceiling until I have to leave again.

They boys aren't home but it's actually kind of nice. It's quiet and peaceful. Although I kind of wish Zach was here with me, I'm also grateful that I have some time to myself to think and prepare for meeting my birth father. 

Zach and the boys agreed that it was okay if I had a key to their house because they always want me to have somewhere to go. 

They are the absolute greatest boys in the whole entire world. I don't know where I'd be without them and their love and support. 

I miss Zach. It's times like these, when I'm all alone, when I really miss him. 

I go upstairs into his room and put on one of his hoodies. I lay in his bed and get comfy in his covers. His smell is so amazing and comforting. He is my home and this smells like home. 

Sometimes a home isn't four eyes and a roof but it's two eyes and a huge heart. Zach is my home. 

...

aw the end is so cute 

stay on the lookout for my new story!! 

don't forget to vote and comment !

-av <3