thirty one.

Tessa's POV

After Zach tells me that they'll pick me up I quickly jump in the shower. 

I change into yoga pants, a crop top and the hoodie that Zach gave me from the concert. I put my hair up in a messy bun and then slip on my black vans. 

I don't want to dress up but I also don't want to look like a homeless man. 

I look like a typical short girl from LA who does too much yoga or some shit. 

Which is basically me but I don't do yoga too much. 

I go downstairs and grab a water bottle.

"Why are you all dressed up and showered?" My foster brother walks in the kitchen and questions me. 

My foster mother walks in after him. 

Great.

"I'm going to hang out with my friends." I say calmly, not asking for permission but telling.  

I've found that telling instead of asking works better with foster parents. 

If you ask, they just say no. If you tell, they just get mad but I still get to go.

She raises her eyebrows at me, "are you now?" 

"Yes I am." I nod taking a sip of my water walking towards the front door.

"I don't think you are, young lady." She says following me. 

I walk out the door and shut it behind me.  As expected, she opens it and comes out right after me. 

The boys pull up and I start walking to the car when she grabs my arm and pulls me back. 

"You are not going anywhere." She says with her teeth gritted. 

"Don't touch me," I say angrily. "Yes I am, Elizabeth." 

I pull my arm out of her grip and walk to the car. 

"Tessa Allen!" She yells at me. 

I turn around, "my name is Tessa Jacobs and you know it. Stop trying to be my mother. I will never love you and you will never love me. We both know for damn sure that you only fostered me for the checks. Stop acting like my mother. The only reason I don't leave this house it because I'd be thrown back in juvie. So just continue ignoring me and stacking up your check from CPS and we'll be able to live together. Now goodbye." 

I turn back around and open the front door and sit on Zach's lap. 

"Is everything alright?" He asks into my hair, giving me a kiss on the head. 

I sigh and nod, "yeah just Elizabeth being as annoying as ever." 

"I'm sorry." He says, rubbing my arms and giving me a little hug. 

"Don't be. I'm okay. Now let's go have some fun!!" I say, cheerily while turning up the radio and singing along.  

The boys give me a sad smile but sing along with me. 

I hate it because they feel bad for me. They pity me and I don't like it. I am perfectly fine. I have a hard life but I don't need them feeling like they need to take care of me or make sure that I'm okay.

I appreciate it, but not out of pity. I can take care of myself. 

After a short ten minute ride we get to an apartment building in Hollywood. 

We walk into the building and we  go up to Logan's apartment. 

Jonah knocks on the door and we hear some yelling.