Part-1

The Rajvansh family has been proud of their tradition and have had successful arrange marriages for centuries. Today they were proudly celebrating an engagement between the only Son of Meena Rajvansh and Veer Kumar Rajvansh,   Ruan Rajvansh and Brooke Navas, a beautiful, intelligent young girl who comes from a rich country side family . The celebration was in full swing. While the bride to be was on cloud nine, the groom to be looked happy but internally  he was hating every moment of it.

Ruan being the only boy in his generation was pampered and spoilt. He got away with anything and everything he wanted. He has always been a spoilt rich kid. His family would never relent on one condition that his family has been following for generations. Not even for the mighty Ruan, who always had his way. Now, he was roped into marrying a country bumpkin, if he wanted to enjoy the continuous and unlimited access to his family's riches.

Posing for the photos , acting like he was elated and smiling while nodding at everyone who congratulated him was becoming a tedious job. His neck was becoming sore from all the nodding he was doing with a heavy turban on his head. He was mentally exhausted and wanted to take a break. 

Muttering an excuse to the bride to be, he went out to the smoking zone, to smoke the cancer stick.

Oblivious to Ruan's acting Brooke was bubbling with happiness. Brooke felt beautiful in her wonderful golden coloured dress and also because the make up artist did a wonderful job enhancing her beautiful eyes. She is her family's princess, she is an 19 year old girl enjoying every second of her life.  She has always dreamed of marrying a Prince Charming and now she can put a face to the image she had envisioned as her better half.
Brooke was enjoying her dream coming true.
She thought back to the moment when all this started.

When her parents informed her about The Rajvansh family asking for her hand in marriage, she was elated but not wanting to seem too eager she had said " mama, papa you have always known what's best for me. I will happily oblige with what ever you decide."

Her parents answered in the affirmative and now she was engaged to the most eligible bachelor in the state. She would become the envy of many girls or fans girls would be the most appropriate word for it. There were many out there who would covet this chance. 

The photographer was requesting to take some solo shots of her when Ruan returned. He looked very chic and Brooke was mesmerised. The clicking sound of the camera brought her back from her dream state and saved her from embarrassing herself, as She was just about to drool looking at Ruan.

As soon as  he stood beside her, the nasty smell of cigarette filled her nose. Being most sensitive to that smell, she started gaging. She hated smokers because they are the most selfish people in the world. They don't care about or have any respect for the non-smokers. Why would they care about others, when they don't care about their own health, puffing away those  cancer sticks.

She turned to look at Ruan, not believing that her husband to be was a smoker. Ruan questioned "hey, are you alright?" In a caring voice when he saw the irritated look on her face.

"Did you just smoke?" She questioned him with as much politeness She could muster up.

Ruan was taken back by her rudeness. She was polite and sweet since the day he had met her.
"Yes. I did." Ruan answered frowning, because no one has ever questioned him about his behaviour.

Brooke muttered an excuse through her clenched teeth and said "I would like to rest my feet for some time" and went to her bridal suite.

Ruan was glad to have some alone time, he too went to the groom's suite. The only thing he was happy about this arrangement was that he will be marrying Brooke only after four years and the physical distance between him and Brooke. He was going to do his MBA at Stanford University in Washington while Brooke was going to complete her bachelor of engineering in IIT, chennai. He thanked god for these small mercies. He did not want any one to know about this engagement so he did not invite any of his friends. He had also convinced his Father to make this engagement a ceremony for only a few important family members and they were informed not to make this engagement a public knowledge and the bride's family was also requested to do the same. When he came out of the Groom's suite, the photographer requested him to pose for some solo shots.

Brooke was fuming mad. She did not want to make a scene in the public. Trying to calm herself from the anxiety and anger caused by the unexpected news, Brooke started pacing. May be she can request Ruan to quit. That would be the best engagement gift he could give. Now that she was calm, she went back to join Ruan. She saw him posing some solo shots.

Ruan smiles at Brooke and Brooke returned his smile. She was waiting for this ceremony to end before asking Ruan.

Everyone was happy and exhausted at the end of the ceremony. Brooke did not get a chance to ask for her gift from Ruan. Before she could ask she was ushered back to her suite. Her stomach was growling and she did not object to going back to her suite to have the scrumptious dinner that was sent to her room. Sighing she thought 'there is always tomorrow'.

Ruan was relieved that this torture was was over and rushed out of the venue to join his friends at their usual club after changing into casuals. His friends were already half wasted when he joined them, hence no one questioned him why he was late.
——————————- ***************—————

Hi all,

I am up with another story. I plan to update this book every Sunday. Hope you like it.

Happy weekend.

Remember to vote and comment.

Love,
BSV