12. A Slap of Reality

"Scion.. hmm.." I moved to my left. My eyes blinked. Oh. I remembered what happened last night.

I can feel again the burden weighing in my heart. The bitterness and sadness mixed with sweet and pleasant. Is this what love works?

*vrooom vrooom!*

The sound of a noisy engine was heard and I quickly sit up to think what is happening. Is that Sovran's truck? I quickly went outside to see them but-

Oh, no! They're gone already! Why are they gone so quickly?!

"Brazen! Darling! You're awake. Come in and let's eat!" I heard mom calling me from the porch so I went inside and we had breakfast. I don't know but I noticed that dad was very silent right now. Mom is happily chewing her food while Edward lazily scoops the food on his plate. Is it just me who thinks that dad is acting strange?

"Why did Scion and Sovran left early without having breakfast?" I curiously looked at my parents and Mom glanced at dad before she answers.

"They said that they had a call last night and their interview will be on the next morning so they have to leave early because Baguio is fifteen hours of travel from here. Too bad, they have to leave before we do." She continues chewing her food and scoops another spoon full of rice.

"Their experiments were done too so there's no more reason that they have to stay. I told them to rest with us but this interview couldn't wait any longer. How I wish I could play games again with them." Dad finally spoke and there's sadness in his voice. I know he can easily move on when we get back to the city. It's where his bunch of friends is. I wish he will focus on mom but it will only happen if she's around. I want to go back to Fondes as soon as possible but I still want to spend my vacation with mom.

"Dad, mom, I will call MJ, Jen, and Tin to come here. We will be happier spending the rest of our weeks together." I stood up to get my phone but dad stopped me by standing up and makes me go back to my seat. Why would he stop our happiness? He's really acting strangely.

"Stop it, Brazen. We're leaving too. I have matters to attend and we have to go home as soon as we have prepared all of what we need to bring back home. We have one week left before the event." He pushed me towards the table and continued eating.

I spent the day making myself busy.

"Mom, I'll be out for a while." I left without her approval. I jogged around the neighboring grounds. I put down my things on the grass and to practice my skills to avoid thinking of him.

I'll start meditating. It's a good opportunity because the place is silent. I released my stress and sadness because I have to go back to reality, this painful reality.

Now, let's stretch those stiff muscles! I have to be flexible again. Next, shadow boxing. And so on...

It's night already. Tomorrow, I'll wake up early, jog, and so on. I'll change my routines that I have done during my stay here.

My photos that I uploaded on Facebook earned thousands of likes in just one day. My classmates, friends and a lot more left praising comments. They sent me messages especially, Abby. I won't open up to her until I saw her. I miss her too.

I didn't open my Facebook during my stay here. That's because I don't want to spend my vacation facing my phone all day. My family and I were here to spend it together but this time, I need some distraction to get rid of the pain.

"Hi!" Another message was received but I don't really know him. He's been a friend on Facebook for a year and he's one of my admirers whom I think we're just after my beauty. I know a lot of them would just want to play me like a toy so I kept myself aloof. This guy is different. He could be one of my types because he uploads pictures of trending outfits and more on shoe stuff.