30. Troubled Waters

Glad I was safe and untouched by that hideous man. Ewe! His breath stinks that I think my hood absorbed its smell. Yuck!

"Hey! You want to puke?!" One of the guards noticed me making a funny face.

"No." I rolled my eyes and noticed some shipment box that is still sealed with packaging tapes with tracking papers on it. My eyes are too blurry to read it from a distance so I walked towards it.

"Hep Hep! You're not allowed to get there!" They pulled me away and we walked towards an empty room with a small bed.

"Don't feel too comfortable. Just because you are a girl doesn't mean the boss will go soft on you." The other guy shoved a bag of clothes on me and closed the door.

I wonder what job they will give me. Gosh, my nostrils are near from being damaged because of the clothes I used which I just bought from a thrift store.

The clothes they gave me are fine but oversized which is an advantage for me not to be molested or gain their attention. I'll still look the same as before, wearing oversized clothes with a hoodie. My breasts are already hidden with binding and tight-fitting inner shirt and layered it with a loose one.

Using my keypad phone, I messaged dad that I'll be gone for a few days. I stay in there as a cook, food delivery girl, laundry collector and finally a checker. On the second week, I'm finally assigned as a packager. I secretly took pictures around the place and sent it to Sovran and now I finally had a closer look at the packaging tracking papers.

"Hello, Mrs. Lush, everything is fine now. No, we haven't yet found him. The girl, she's been alone for a few months and I don't think your boy will be seeing her. Yes, I will."

I quickly hide behind the packages near me and heard Kendrick, one of the boss' assistant, talking to someone on the phone. Lush? Is she connected to Scion? Who are they talking about? Glad I recorded it on my cell phone.

Kendrick's gone; I went to the package tracking papers and took a picture of it.

"Hey! What the heck are you doing?!" I nearly jump when I heard someone shouting. I looked at the source of the voice and he's pointing at me and I quickly run.

"Ah!" I didn't fight back after they trapped me on the other side of the hallway. My heart is leaping, I turned pale and my blood seemed to be drained by fear.

"Boss!The rookie is taking pictures of the packages!" Mondok, one of the guardsmen, showed my phone with the picture. They released me and I grabbed it from Mondok's hand.

"I took pictures of it to show it to my friends hoping that they're going to buy." I inserted my phone into my pocket while painfully glancing at Mondok.

Nobody spoke and everyone is looking at me. The boss, Timber, touched his chin while observing me. Suddenly, he snapped his fingers and called me come closer.

"This necklace looks big and strange." He held the pendant. I held my breath while my heart beats faster. When he flipped it, there's a tiny blink of red light.

'Oh, gosh!'

He was surprised and glanced at me.

'Run!'

I quickly escaped from his hold and run but one of them blocked me so I strike at his chest and set him aside and run. I don't have a plan but I'm prepared in case I'll have the need to escape. The route I was near from reaching is blocked by two armed men. With full force from running, I pushed one of them towards the wall and grabbed his gun to shoot it on the other guy.

'Bang!'

I continued running towards my room and grabbed my keypad cellphone before going to the other route.