16. Twilight Garden

I met with Scion at the exact time wearing my favorite black dress not too short and not too long.

When I entered the car, I noticed how tired he looks.

It was dark and the streetlight is the only light that had helped me to longingly see his face.

I felt like our burdens have lessened when we finally met again. The way he touched my hand, his reaction, but suddenly, he changed his mind.

I know why. He's engaged to someone already. And he doesn't want me to expect anything anymore.

Even though I still feel that he loves me too, I sensed that he's hiding something. There's something behind the marriage, something that no one knows.

I don't know well about his family, where he lives, what they do for a living, but I'll soon find out, I'll soon find out.

"Hey, you're too quiet." He glanced at me with an awkward smile.

"I'm sorry. I was just stressed in school. I'll just relax for a bit and forget about it." I smiled back at him.

"Good. How's your family? I haven't seen them for a long time."

"Why don't you come over to visit us so you'll know our situation?" I began to tease him. Though it is impossible that he will do that.

"I'll find some time soon. We're here. Let's move quickly." We went out when no one's around and locked the door.

"Let's go to your room. I want us to talk in your room." I demanded him without thinking.

He looks at me curiously and shrugged his shoulders. He grabbed two glasses and a bottle of wine from the kitchen and we walked upstairs.

"You have been sneaking here during your visit. I know you know where my room is."

I bit my lips in embarrassment. Maybe Sovran had told him.

"You shouldn't have trusted him that much. He's a man too. He might look harmless to you but you don't know that when he gets his chance." He puts down the glasses on the table and poured the wine into it.

"You're wrong. When I woke up, I was safe sleeping in my own room."

He shakes his head and gave me a glass of wine in it.

We both drink the contents and filled it again.

"It's me who brought you home."

"Wha-"

"He nearly raped you! I told you, he's a man too who lusts on a woman like you. He took advantage while you are sleeping but I came and stopped him." He began scolding me and I knew he's serious when he does that. This man knows more about Sovran than anyone else including me.

"How? How did he do that? How can you tell that it was his purpose?" I sit on his bed while he's standing and slowly drinking. I drank all of the contents of my glass and placed it on the table.

 I drank all of the contents of my glass and placed it on the table