46. The Ruins in the Mountains

Hmm...

I woke up after three hours of sleep. It was three o'clock in the morning when I got home. Last night, the party end up bad for me, Dave and Tiffany. Moe might have a good time unlike us.

"Oh, shit!" I remembered what happened before I got home. Moe embarrassed me in front of his girlfriend and his parents. They watched us and it was really awkward that my cheeks were burning with shame. Moe trapped me in his arms saying things that he's...

"You're still the one..."

My eyes tightly closed as I remembered how sincere his words were. When I looked at Tiffany, she's genuinely smiling with her palm on her cheeks like she's watching a romantic movie.

'What's going on?! She should have felt hurt or insulted but all I can see from her were sympathy, love, and care towards a distant friend.'

Hmm... There's something going on here that I don't even know. It was something that I couldn't even explain or point out. They're making me feel confused.

'Grrrr!'

Wait! Last night, Jude and Arron came but right now, I have to focus remembering what Jude and I discussed about. Hmmm...

"It was for your safety, Brazen."

'Aha! That's right! Sovran never told me about their progress because they don't want me to leave Czar.'

I packed my necessities and left a note for everyone. Well, my family will never neglect my son. They're all reliable and I am sure they will never let Czar to be harmed.

'It's time to go!'

I drove my car and left our house. The sun has already risen and traveled eight hours to reach the road where Scion disappeared, the Leap Yard road. The road is prone to accident and many cars and buses have already leaped on the cliffs and crashed on the rocks. That's why they named it the Leap Yard road. Few of the victims had survived and hopefully, Scion really had survived the crash. Unless he had got out before the car reached the rocks.

'Hmm...' I looked down the cliffs to see where his car might have fallen to. 'No, this is not the spot.' My head shakes and stood up. The spot isn't easy to find because some of the plants have already grown up that it covers the rocks. I should be able to find it because Sovran and Jude's team were still in the process to find him.

*sigh*

One kilometer from where I started, I saw the tracks that were left by the team. I parked the car in a corner first before going down the cliff. It was a dangerous place to travel so I looked for an area where I can safely walk down.

Though my backpack was very heavy, I was still able to pass over every obstacle I will face. "Argh!" I should have continued my training after I gave birth! My body has gone stiff and less flexible than before. I jumped and hiked until I found the car that has crashed. Good thing they never removed the car from the spot that I'll be able to find clues to his disappearance.

*crack*

I have stepped on something and looked at it. Hmm? I raised it up and realized it was a sunglasses. My head shakes as I found nothing but garbage in his car.

*crack*

Or maybe not. A half-burned cloth was under the head of the upside down car and I took it. The cloth isn't an ordinary hard wrapper. When I opened it, my tears start to flow. It was another present for me. The newly updated Kali gears were beautifully designed and sharpened. The handles were crafted with my names engraved on it.

"Scion..." My emotions were overwhelmed that my head started to ache from controlling it. "Stop crying!"

I looked around and found what Jude was talking about. He mentioned that going to the south-east of the car, I will see some dried hay scattered beside a large rock.