27. Quick Wit

"Mmm..." Last night, I felt like I woke up, the lights were turned off and the door slowly opened. A silhouette of a man with masculine body slowly walked towards my bed. Moe is sleeping tightly on the next bed. Who could he be and why is he here?

I pretend to be asleep. He came closer and I smell his scent then I felt him touching my cheek. His warm breath spread over my face while he removed the stray hairs from my face. The man sits beside me watching me sleep and kisses my forehead and lastly my lips before stepping away to leave. I wanted to stop him and ask who he is but I couldn't move nor make a sound like I'm paralyzed on the bed.

Was it a dream or was it real but I was half awake? I wasn't afraid that it kept my brain occupied this morning.

"What's wrong?" Moe noticed that I wasn't responding. He came close beside me and kissed my head. I looked up at him and forced a smile.

'Should tell him?' What if he won't believe me? What if he will get worried and bothers himself to find out who it was?

'No.'

I shake my head.

"Hello!"

The door opened and saw Jen, dad, and MJ. After a while, Moe's parents paid a visit too. We told them everything that happened. They're all worried and Moe's family looked pissed. It's new to them that their son is involved in violence. They showed dislike on me except Eric who tried to enter a martial art school. He preferred us to be called 'cool' than troublesome and I was relieved that he's on my side.

Moe's wounds were stitched including my hands. I was not able to use my hands for a while and Moe couldn't bathe so I volunteered myself to give him a daily sponge bath for a week. He enjoyed my service and we couldn't hold ourselves back from intimacy.

December 23, 2018, Moe and I celebrated our first anniversary in a fancy restaurant. We went to the park after the dinner and watched the Christmas village of our town. The lighting and decorations were beautiful. Though we have no snow in the Philippines, the cold climate of Fondes makes us experience a great Christmas.

"Hi, Moe!" We didn't expect a disaster from our date

"Hi, Moe!" We didn't expect a disaster from our date. Briget was holding her one-year-old son wearing a pair of thick and warm jacket and pants. "Hi, Brazen."

We responded to her and took away Moe leaving her son to me.

"What?" I was going to refuse but they're having a conversation together. I frowned but I remembered the boy so I took him for a walk holding him in my arms.

"What's your name?" I smiled at him and he really looked cute. His little eyes looked at me and looked around seeing the Christmas lights, lanterns and decorations.

"I'm Daniel." He shortly answered without looking at me. "Eiih." Suddenly he hugged me and blinked his eyes.

"Why? Are you feeling cold?" I took off my bonnet and wear it on him covering his cold ears. He stares at me, confused, but smiled in relief. "Glad I could help." We wandered around introducing everything to him because he's always surprised and wonder what it was because he's just a year old baby.