33. Dusk Till Dawn

"Mara!" I was glad that Mara's still on the place where I hid her. I quickly took her arm and rest it on my shoulders taking her out and moved to anywhere we can find. "Where is the safest place we can hide?" I asked the only person that I can find. She's an old woman sitting on the stairs watching the raindrop to the ground.

"To the church!" She gladly pointed the direction but there's no path where we can walk on towards the place.

"Thank you! Please get inside right now! There were monsters coming to find me and my friend and they will kill you too!" I worriedly told her and she stands up slowly to get inside. We continued walking the narrow path until we reached the track going to the left side where she pointed. "Hold on, Mara, we are closer now."

"Mmm..." I heard her groans and we proceeded to walk quickly.

"We're here!" I pushed the door if the church and left her on the chairs so I could lock the huge door. "Come on." I pulled her arms again and assisted her to walk towards the inner door. "Please let us in. We need your help. My friend is injured. I just need her to be safe. If you want, I will leave. Just let my friend stay." I knocked on the door and it immediately opened.

"Oh! It's Brazen and Mara!" Ted opened the door and helped me to carry Mara. They closed the door as they take her to a small and narrow bed. His head was covered with gauze and puts a bandage to secure it.

"Brazen, you're our only hope. You have to go out and get rid of them until our team finally comes to rescue." Timothy was sitting on a chair. His thigh was being dressed by a middle-aged woman while a guy who might be the priest is holding the pieces of medicine.

"Chief already knows about this?" I looked at them while I rummage my backpack and took out my weapons from the hidden pockets. I lay it one by one on the table and the hosts look bothered.

"Yes. I called him a while ago. He told me that you called him reporting about the incident and he thought you're already dead because you're still talking when someone attacked you."

I nod my head and wore my weapons on my holsters, pockets and sling bag. "Why am I the only person who wasn't informed about this, huh? I didn't know that I'll be pulled out of my mission and you'll be taking my place after I leave." I shake my head as I stretch my arms. Greta is severely wounded on her arm and ribs that she was sleeping because of anesthesia and medication. "Do you know what I'm feeling right now? Betrayed!" I shake my head while I held on my waist.

"Who cares about your feelings, huh? We have a mission and it is our duty to follow orders with no hesitation or questions. You're Chief's favorite and you should know better than what we know."

I glanced at Ted and shook my head. "Chief isn't like that. He is fair to everyone."

"Oh, yeah? When Scion and Sovran solved a case, Scion's last mission, Chief never stopped talking about you! We heard nothing but your name and-"

"That's because I am someone to be proud of. I solved a crime, you followed orders. Every one of you is too slow that I'm always in action to finish it." I couldn't control myself that I went close to him trapping him on the wall and fist tightly on his collar.

"Dude, stop it. Brazen, calm down. I'll apologize in Ted's place. We are grateful to have you. Please go out there before they find us here." Timothy kept his voice down while enduring the pain on his leg. I released Ted and stepped away going to the priest.

"Father, we are thankful for helping us." I held his hands and he shook his head. "Do you have a hiding place above or under this church? We don't want anyone to be hurt. If they stay here in this room, they'll be found and die. I don't want that to happen." I sadly looked at him in the eye and he nods his head.