18. Jealousy and Hurt

Blythe

Waking up in each other's arms was something that I could get used to. The way his arm is around my waist holding me close to his chest as my head rests down on his strong chest. I didn't realize that he's shirtless until now. When we got to the apartment, we never had a time to unpack things. I had to make sure everything's secure and from the travel back and forth alone made us both very tired.

We came back the apartment to find two beds at the different bedrooms. Apparently, the shipping of the bed and mattress were late and had arrived on Saturday afternoon when we were gone. The superintendent did say that she'll take care of it when we signed the lease, and I'm grateful that she did. Otherwise, we'd be sleeping on the cold floor.

We took the bedroom nearest to the kitchen which I claimed first to be my bedroom while his was nearby the huge balcony.

When I wondered if his body is all defined, the sight of his chest answered my question. He's got six packs and the V on his torso had my body tingle. I could imagine my legs wrapping around them, my hands on his broad shoulders, my nails digging down from all the pleasure he could give me just from holding me.

Okay, it's seven-thirty and this morning has officially become a horny session for me. I need to take a shower before I do something reckless like take advantage of the fact that he only has sweats on.

I take his arm off and start pushing myself back but the slight action made him shake my hand off and tighten his grip, pulling me closer to him as my face lands directly under his. "Five more minutes. What time is it, anyway?"

The rasp on his voice isn't helping the fact that he's shirtless. Am I going to be like this every morning? "Seven-thirty. You need to let me go and go shower. I've memorized your schedule and know for a fact that we both have a class at nine."

His eyes flutter open. Those emerald green eyes just shining down at me. "We have an hour and a half."

I can't help but smile at him with an eyebrow raised. "You take thirty minutes to get ready and I take about forty-five minutes. The apartment's further than the dorms we stayed at, remember? Also, you owe me breakfast and since we took out most of the food at the fridge and transferred it to here, I'm guessing you can make something up for me."

"Fine," he grumbles lazily, his arms releasing me slowly. "I'll cook up some bacon."

"Great."

Pushing myself up so I'd be facing directly his, I lean down to kiss him at his cheek. His lips twitch upwards as his hands cup my jaw, pulling me back to his lips. We stay like that for a second before he lets me go and I can't help but think about getting used to us being this. All those worries about being together and losing our friendship were all wiped away when I had kissed him.

It was a risk I had taken, and damn it, it felt all too good.

When I get out of bed, I hear his phone chime and I hear him groan in frustration while he read the text. "Damn."

"What is it?"

"It's Caleb," he says it with too much dislike for him right now. "He's asking if you've come back. He sees you for the first time and saw you at the party and now, he's interested in you."

Oh. I completely forgot to tell him about Caleb. Everything's been so crazy. Nathan's funeral, Dean and I being... well, I don't know yet, and the person that's been in my dorm, looking for something. I didn't get a chance to actually tell him things before I left.