Chapter 6

Chapter 6

...

The following morning arrived and Pierce rose up from bed, a mustered face plastered on her polished skin.

"Fucking dance."
Pierce muttered under her breath, pissed at the fact she couldn't find herself a decent date.

"Pierce, sweetie. A parcel arrived for you."
Rosie, the maid, called for her.

"What the hell?"
Pierce shook her head and descended downstairs.

Rosie smiled at the mail man and paid the requirements.

"What's the freaking parcel?"

Rosie smiled kindly and handed her the bouquet of roses, twelve to be exact.

"Who sent me those?"
Pierce asked, incredulous for the fact that she had a secret admirer

"Oh yes. The lovely mail man said that the sender called himself;
'The Smoker'."

Pierce's jaw dropped and re-read the little note that was attached to the little packet.

"Hey beautiful.
Enjoy the flowers. Pick you up at 7."

"That asshole..."
Pierce playfully laughed and smelled the perfume of the winter roses. Sure, he was an asshole, but hey! An asshole with some fine good taste.

...

Xavier puffed out his last bit of cigarette before noticing Pierce park her car. He then smirked and headed for her direction.

"Got my flowers?"
Xavier leaned on the car, smirking.

"As a matter of fact, yes I did. Thank you."
Pierce politely thanked him before trying to get inside the building.

"Oh come on, a simple thank you?" Xavier questioned.

"Yes. A simple thank you. I have no idea what more you expect from me. And no. I decided not to go to the fucking ball." Pierce glared deathly.

"Oh yes, you are." He snapped back.

"No." She told him sternly.

"Yes." Was his only reply.

"No." She told him irritated now.

"Yes." He hissed

"No fucking way Dalton. " Pierce smirked.

"Oh you are. And there's a simple answer/reason to that." He told her smugly.

"Oh. And may I ask what's your solution to this fine little problem?" She asked him, piqued with curiosity.

"I influence this district. If you want to be head, I can make it happen for you. In return, I need your aide for my little project." Xavier told her while he smirked

"You help me, I help you?" She asked quietly.

"That's all it is baby."

"Fine. You've got yourself a deal Dalton." Pierce shook his hand.

"Perfect..." Xavier leaned over and whispered in her ear, sending small jolts of excitement down her spine. When he left, she couldn't stop replaying the death words in her head, as if it was a broken video, stuck on the same scene.

"Oh princess, you've just made a deal with the devil."