Chapter 16

Chapter 16
...

Pierce sighed, picking up her clothes from last night. She entered the bathroom, looking at herself in the mirror. Her hair was messed up, uncombed. Her makeup was long gone.
Sighing, she decided to take a long hot shower, trying to push out all of her memories from the previous night. In fact, anything that was related to a certain Xavier Dalton, she no longer wanted to know about it.

Nada.
...

Xavier drove fast, at the speed of light. The memories of his father and their past immerged in his mind. All the ladies, the parties, the words of wisdom. Everything was bullshit. The bet, the pot, the drugs, alcohol, he would be willing to give it up, all of it, just for Pierce to take him back. He knew what he did was probably unforgivable, hell, he wouldnt be surprised if she laughed in his face. But it was worth a try.

When he finally arrived at the hotel, he whisked away, trying to find the room. When he finally did, he knocked franticly on the door, hoping she hadn't already checked out.

"What do you want?" She looked down on the floor, anger rushing through her eyes.

"You." Xavier sighed.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" Pierce glared at him, scoffing at his answer. "You seriously expect me to take you back? Seriously?" She looked at him, quizzical.

He took her hands and looked deep into her eyes "I'm so sorry, you have no idea. I'm an idiot, I am well aware of it all. I know what I did was probably unforgivable. But look, I was scared. You cannot blame me; I've never been in a serious relationship. Ive never had any feelings for anybody. I've never felt love. Nothing of it. I'm an ass. I've been involved with drugs, alcohol, you name it, I've tried it all. But soon enough I quit. You wanna know why?" He asked her, a small smile forming

"Why?" She sighed

"Two years ago, I met this amazing girl. She was stunning. Gorgeous. She was enrolled in an all-girls private school. She was somewhat edgy, but had no power to hurt a fly. She was unique and with a horrible attitude." He laughed, noticing her blushing "And one day, when I asked her what would it take for her to give me a shot, she answered me-"

"I don't date crack heads. Never had, never will. And Im not starting today" Pierce pronounced her words, with a smile, cutting him before he could finish then adding "It still stands, you know?" She smiled.

"Oh baby, I know. Since that encounter, I've quit pretty much everything. All for her. Now I'm just asking for a second chance" Xavier pleaded, his eyes with sorrow.

He sighed internally as another lie was built. Well a half lie. It was true he hadn't had any drugs, alcohol or anything of the type since that encounter. He'd had a few cigarettes and one or two drinks, but hadn't gotten drunk. Yet this whole thing was based on a bet yet his feelings for her were real.

"Only if that boy promises me to never hurt me, to protect me."
Pierce said, her eyes filled with seriousness. She was waiting for an answer.

"I promise. Baby, you have no idea... I would never hurt you. I'm always going to protect you. Always." He hugged her, stroking her wet hair softly.

Tears started escaping her eyes.
"Bastard, making me cry like this." She laughed, wiping her tears from her eyelids.

He wiped off the rest with his two thumbs and cupped her face."I'm sorry baby girl..." He kissed her softly, his soft lips on hers.

And the rest was history... at least, for the day anyway.