Stranger not so Danger

I looked around me and as expected I was surrounded by trees slightly illuminated by the full moon.

Ok Lisa, think...

I looked back at the tunnel from where I came from and imagined the path I came from underground. I didn't have an extraordinary sense of direction but I could give it a try. 

I just need to follow the same path through the forest, that should be easy right?

I thought about whether I should turn on the flashlight or not. I pondered my choices: walk in the dark and risking to trip on something, or use the flashlight and risk to draw attention and signaling my position to the enemy.

Oh well, if I fall at least the ground will catch me.

If I got caught however I would be in big trouble so logically I chose to walk in the dark and use the light the moon rayed through the trees to guide me.

I ran for a while, as fast as I could, not hearing anything but my own fast breathing. I was physically tired and at this point, it didn't even look like I was running anymore. I wanted to go faster but my legs wouldn't obey me. I felt that all of my body was about to shut down, but I had to keep moving. I didn't know if the vampires from before were still following me, probably not as if they were they would have caught me already, but I couldn't be sure, so fear and adrenaline kept me moving.

A shadow fell in front of me accompanied by a loud noise. I lit the anti-vampire flashlight to see a big man standing in front of me clearly not affected by the light. He was really big, at least compared to my small frame and my 5'6.

So I guess he's an ogre?

Well I could have started a fire and try to burn the giant, but he would be able to kill me first, so I turn to my second option: hurting him. I kneeled to reach my silver dagger, despite knowing that I had no chances to win against a freaking giant.

I am not going down without a fight.

As I reached my dagger I felt my feet losing contact with the ground. Mr. Giant decided to grab my other arm and lifted me. I tried to reach the dagger, but I couldn't so I looked at him trying to hide my fear.

"What do you want?"

He turned my body around and I realized I was surrounded by at least ten people, all standing there in silence. Whether they were Mythicals or not didn't matter because I simply couldn't get out of there even if I tried.

Well, you had a good life Elisa Blake.

They started walking, Mr. Giant carrying me by my arm.

"Hmm, could you please grab my other arm too?" I asked him gently, as it felt that my arm would just tear up from the rest of my body.

He let out a grunt but changed my position. He was now carrying me over his shoulder.

"Thank you."

I heard another grunt but couldn't avoid smiling. It was ridiculous of me to smile given the situation, but I thought that the way he was acting rough but actually sympathized with me was cute. Maybe I wasn't going to die after all or maybe I was just high on adrenaline.

We walked... Let me rephrase that, they walked for a few minutes until we arrived at a large open area. Mr. Giant put me down, I smiled at him and he just turned me around and pushed me to the center of a circle created by the same people that surrounded me earlier.

"How rude," I told him before looking at everyone around me once again.

Guess I'm dying today after all.